View: 371|Reply: 0

Poor customer service from Sky mobile

[Copy link]
27-11-2019 22:35:37 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Last week I ordered 2 new iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB phones, one space grey, one gold.

Received 2 separate emails confirming the orders saying they’ll be delivered to my address ON 20th September.

Yesterday, I received an email saying the gold one had been dispatched & will be delivered on the 20th through DPD. The grey one still said preordered & they’ll be in touch.

It still showed the same this morning so I phoned customer services to find out what was happening, only to be told that my grey one won’t be delivered until 4th October as none in stock.

I took my son to his playgroup this morning & my wife stayed home incase her one was getting delivered when he was there.

When I was walking back home, I got a message from DPD saying that there was a failed delivery and a card was posted through, with them going to attempt delivery again on Monday 24th.

My wife said no one had been to door and there was no card, so I phoned DPD via the app to find out what was going on. It turns out that the attempted delivery was made to our old address from 2 years ago!! I was told to contact Sky and they can request to change the address to the correct one.

I called Sky against dead on the phone for 20 minutes, only for the woman to say she couldn’t change address as the phone had been sent out already, and couldn’t change the address on the delayed item either. All I could do was cancel both, reorder & go to the back of the queue or wait for DPD to attempt more deliveries at old address & wait for Sky to contact me to see if I still wanted them, meaning it would be over a week before they can deliver to my correct address. With my phone already delayed 2 weeks, I’d have to wait nearly 4 weeks to get it delivered.

I called DPD to see if I could collect but I’d need ID & utility bill with their attempted delivery address on it; none of which I have. I told the advisor from DPD that Sky couldn’t change the address and for them to mark it as don’t re-attempt delivery to my old address as junkies now live there, meaning Sky would get it returned quicker to send to the correct address. She then got really annoyed with Sky because she confirmed they CAN change the address by send them an email directly with the consignment number etc and it only takes minutes.

So, I called Sky yet again to speak to a manager who confirmed that certain people there can contact DPD directly!

So now I need to wait 48 hours for Sky to get back to me to confirm if they’ve been able to change the address or not. If not, I need to either wait weeks for failed deliveries to be returned to them and reissued or cancel completely, reorder & wait for them to be restocked & go to the back of the queue with no known delivery date.

This happened all because when I done a home move, they updated the address for everything except our mobiles (even though the confirmation emails had our CORRECT address in it so no need to question it) and when the move was complete, they didn’t follow it up to confirm the move had gone through. Also, when I called to order, the advisor didn’t question that there was 2 addresses on the system. If they had, all this would’ve be avoided.

So, if you are getting a mobile from Sky, get them to triple check they hold the correct address for you!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部