Phone stolen in Paris.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:37:06 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi.

I’ve just had my phone stolen in Paris and i am locked out of all my account because of google authenticator. My phone was finger print and password locked.

Will they just want the phone for the hardware and wipe it or can they access my info on the phone? I have coin base and revolut setup on the phone plus Amazon etc. I am just worrying they could get access to that.

I have tried using google to wipe my phone but my number is not available  and my other email address is locked to GA as well so I cannot access that.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:37:07 Mobile | Show all posts
I highly doubt will be able to get access to your phone if it’s finger printed and
Pass coded. Did you phone your network provider to get the phone blocked/listed as stolen? It will be completely useless to whoever stole it then, they can’t use it or sell it.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 22:37:08 Mobile | Show all posts
You should be able to restore your google authentication from the seed file or secret key

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 22:37:10 Mobile | Show all posts
Oh and very limited chance they can get in if your phone was locked and you don’t have e developer mode enabled.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:37:11 Mobile | Show all posts
Sorry to read of yr phone loss - but being a non-phoney I wonder that Mfrs and Network providers aren't a little bit more capable of solving what must happen dozens of times each day.
Shouldn't there be an international standard (minimum) of the necessary settings and the processes required if/when a theft ( or loss at sea?) occurs.

Such an International arrangement could be up-dated every two years( or longer),  so later phones have all the extra protection Tech development can allow.
These phones are mighty expensive and hold folks data photo that you probably don't ever want to lose, or have others retrieving them.

It looks as though I may have to buy a "Smart phone" for internet access to credit-card "2-handed" payments - as this appears to be the way Banking is going. So whilst I don't need too much "power" or multiple cameras, ( one will do ), I don't want to sacrifice security . . . PROVIDED that doesn't mean I have to jump thro' hoops to remain safe - that would be too much.  I wonder that a simple email account couldn't be used for the Money-verification after I've used it first... to verify it is still my phone in my possession?

A modest Optical Zoom would be nice for HD Video and Stills.... recording to an SD-micro card, perhaps.

Cheers.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 22:37:12 Mobile | Show all posts
???

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部