View: 366|Reply: 0

GPRS / WAP Settings for an old Motorola Timeport - Can It Still Work?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:50:29 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I am fiddling around with a "new" old Motorola Timeport T260 from the year of 2000 (!).

What I wonder is; is it somehow possible to still configure it to be used for GPRS data transfer through its WAP-browser, in order to surf on still existing wap sites (which some still seem to exist), even if there no more exist any WAP-proxy server(s) for my carrier?

What happens, when I insert my SIM-card, is that I get my carrier's name on the screen, along with a "GPRS"-text on the right-hand side, which to me seems to indicate that it recognizes that there is a GPRS-connection.

The WAP-browser starts with trying to connect (it has some old settings for a defunct German wap-proxy server), but it goes nowhere. So it needs to have some new settings in order to (potentially) work.

I see that it asks in the WAP settings for:

Primary IP:
Primary Port:
Secondary IP:
Secondary Port:
Idle Time Out:

And separately in GPRS-settings for:

APN:
Username:
Password:

Does it need both WAP settings and GPRS settings in order to (potentially) work and in that case which of those options above must have some value (an IP-address or something else)?

Can the "APN" -line in the GPRS-settings have something else than "WAP", like "MMS" (for MMS settings) or "Internet" (for Internet settings)?

I have been told that http and wap proxy server are in theory quite alike each other, so that potentially it could work with regular internet settings.

I am no pro in this but would be very curious about perhaps being able to get something from this age old device, so that is why I ask this from you.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部