12345Next
Back New
Author: Andy Bassett

NEWS: Huawei P30 and P30 Pro smartphones launched

[Copy link]
27-11-2019 22:57:54 Mobile | Show all posts
doesnt have to be mainstream to be supported, as they say, a fool and his money are easily parted.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:57:54 Mobile | Show all posts
So people who bought the S10 are fools, because it doesn't support something that's not even available?
You literally make no sense. I'll leave you to your own little world.

Thanks to AV Forums for having the ignore button.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 22:57:55 Mobile | Show all posts
buyers remorse rite there.

EE confirms 5G to launch this summer, will only cost "few pounds more".

worth holding off on any fone purchases for a few months.

Use magic Report

Launch yes, but how long before it's usable in 99 percent of the UK, it will be years, they are actually testing 5G right now due to the safety aspects of it being unknown, and early tests showing its not good for us humans, so I'm in no rush for 5G thank you

Use magic Report

No it isn't. 5G isn't offering me anything that I need and certainly not for "Just a few pounds more"

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Nearly went for the P20 Pro recently, but had a good play with the P30 Pro and P30 yesterday in CPW, and glad I waited. Both look good, but for me, the larger Pro screen is pushing it too far at 1080 width, and I don't like curved screens. I'm short-sighted, so view the phone about 8" away with glasses off, and still love the QHD 1440 width on my old HTC 10 for sharpness (5.2" screen). The P30 is just about OK for me type-wise (6.1" 1080 width), apart from the annoying white shadow they add to UI type. The Mate 20 Pro is 1440 width, but all the demos I've seen have a weird green tinge off axis, and on the curved sides.

The P30 cameras look pretty good, using a similar RYYB sensor for the main camera, so even without OIS, it should be good in low light. Better than the Mate 20 Pro too. 3x optical zoom is enough for me, though the 5x optical on the Pro is fun! The ultrawide cameras on both look very good, which is more important for me. The small notch can be partly hidden, and for me vastly preferable to the S10 glory holes, which as a keen photographer are very annoying, though the UI looks much improved. Ordered a black P30 yesterday, and the free Sonos One will be useful, even if I decline to shout at it.

Use magic Report

27-11-2019 22:57:56 Mobile | Show all posts
I went to a local CPW and immediately regretted it. It was rammed but then I just saw and listened to a couple of sales guys and just walked out. Ugh. They don’t change do they? Sorry but I just cannot be doing with being treated like a £&@ing idiot by a d!?£ who thinks he’s an extra from White Gold.

They not all like that of course, but if that who you get, that’s who you get.TBF I’ve on night shift and hadn’t been to bed so my mood was pretty foul anyway.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
The main Oxford CPW is good, they know their stuff, and leave you to play, which I did earlier when it was busy. Then found a set of coloured dummies elsewhere - the blue is OK, the light one I didn't like, but classy old black for me. Had a proper play with the cameras on both in the empty EE shop later on, the very helpful guy finding working demos out back, so I could hold them properly. Back to CPW late on when quiet, and young guy did the necessary efficiently, with obligatory offers of insurance and an over priced case declined, but he found me a bit off the price, and they always have better EE deals than EE do. I'd done a fair bit of research first, so knew what I wanted. Shame your CPW isn't so good.

Use magic Report

I could go tomorrow and they'd have new staff, so it swings in roundabouts for sure.

If I'm honest I thinking of holding off for now anyway. It's probably either this or a new headphone amp/dac and phono stage and I'd probably get more enjoyment out of that. But this iPhone is hacking me off more and more now. If I go back on contract instead of sim free purchase, that might work!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I bought a P30 PRO 256gb today (black of course). I've been hobbling along with a Galaxy A5 (2017) for a while now and decided that it's time to go. In Finland we were also offered a "free" Huawei Watch GT as a sweetener for early adopters. I've not got a case and screen protector for it yet, so it's not in general use. First impressions are good though, very good indeed.

Use magic Report

12345Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部