View: 380|Reply: 3

iPhone 5c screen repair gone wrong, help!!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:58:08 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
slowly losing the will to live after 4 hours of iPhone repair gone wrong.

Current problem: iPhone 5c not powering up whatsoever post ‘repair ‘.

So... had a 5c in a drawer, also have a toddler who is very interested in others phones. Antics ensue w the deleting of apps, sending of email etc. We’re ready to take a long trip, so decided it would be best to try and repair the broken screen on this iPhone myself. Bought two replacement screens, just in case. Opened iPhone to find like 4 screws missing, previous owner must have tried repair before me. Ordered screw kit available only for full iPhone- like 56 screws that are mostly the same but also different w no explanation as to where they go. More online help needed.

So... four hours ago I plugged in each of the replacement iPhone screens I bought without doing the full repair, they both worked but one was better than the other.

Followed the instructions for the full repair, fiddling quite a bit to find which screws replaced the missing ones.

Closed up iPhone and (drum roll)... NOTHING. it doesn’t power up. Dead phone. Opened phone again, tried multiple screens I had on the table. NONE LIGHT UP.

Tried pressing home button and power to reboot, nothing. Tried plugging it in to power, nothing.

Am I missing something? Sometimes those tiny screws got into the body of the iPhone and I had to shake it lightly to get them out... help!

Super bummed bc it had like 64gg of memory.

I can open up phone again and take photos if helpful.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:58:10 Mobile | Show all posts
It's likely one of those screws that got into the body of the iPhone shorted out part of the circuitry.
Time to give up and just accept it's a write-off.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:58:11 Mobile | Show all posts
Sometimes when replacing the 5C screen a power distribution problem happen. Try the following step by step.

1. Removed the bottom 2 screws

2. Elevated the screen (no need to detach the screen)

3. Removed the shield that connects the battery to the main board

4. Disconnected the battery

5. Hold down the power button at the top of the phone to remove any remaining power

6. Reconnected the battery

7. Placed the shield back

8. Reconnected the screen to the phone

9. Powered on to test

I hope this helps you with your issue. If the above does not work then it's a damaged flex to the motherboard. The flex cables may either be damaged physically or from a short circuit during screen replacement.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
27-11-2019 22:58:12 Mobile | Show all posts
Disconnect the battery and reconnect. That was the problem for me many times changing iPhone screens

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部