View: 489|Reply: 1

Samsung Email App: Not auto syncing on S7 Edge

[Copy link]
27-11-2019 22:58:28 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi there

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same issue - I have checked in the app reviews and some people seem to be, although if this were a widespread issue, I would have thought more and more people would be complaining....

Basically, I always use the stock Samsung email app to retrieve emails (from a gmail account). All was working fine until the app recently updated - then - emails would only come through if you manually opened the app - i.e. no notification would be auto pushed through as before.

Some people did have issues and on 04 April Samsung issued the latest update: 6.0.02.12.

I am still getting the same issues with not auto syncing (as a I say, emails arrive only when you open the app). They will auto come through if you have very recently used the app but it's like the stop coming through automatically after a period of time has elapsed.

I have tried the following:

Making sure master sync is on, by the top drop down menu on the home screen
Under email settings making sure "Auto" is selected for the sync
Wiped the cache under email storage
Wiped the data (so re-input the gmail account) under email storage settings

Is there anything else I should be checking? Does anyone else experience this?

I did downgrade back to the previous version (5. something) which again worked fine. Asked it NOT to Auto update, but it still, after a few days, auto updates to the new verson! Arrgggh!

Any ideas??

Thanks

Use magic Report

Author| 27-11-2019 22:58:29 Mobile | Show all posts
Just to answer my own question (for the benefit of others) - having liased with Samsung there does appear to be a syncing issue that they know about - not sure whether this is device related or what, but - I am now testing the latest Beta version which they have sent me and it works perfectly!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部