Author: robertseymour

Whats your system?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:52:50 Mobile | Show all posts
a little bit about my system before i post piccies.... i have cambridge audio azur 550a amp, cambridge audio 550c cdp, cambridge audio 650t tuner, rega rp1 with rega upgrade kit and rega fono mini a2d with mordaunt short aviano 1xr speakers mounted on mission speaker stands. also have a btec headphone amplifier. using various interconnects and 4mm² silver plated copper speaker cable.

in essence it is a budget system, but it sounds great. plenty of ventilation for the the components. the only drawback since moving it all around is that at the moment the tv is using it's own speakers as don't have an rca cable long enough to connect the amp and tv output.

well i suppose enough of the blurb, and post a couple piccies.....

above pic is speakers, tv, tv stand, bluray player, stb, headphone amp on a glass stand.

above pic is the seperate compononts for the hifi on a glass stand. forgive me for the camera angles but my eyesight tells a dfferent story when taking the pics!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:52:51 Mobile | Show all posts
That is the understatement of the year.

Can you give us more details on those speakers. They appear to be floor-to-ceiling electrostatic.

Sweet system, could you give us more details on the amp and speakers?

Steve/bluewizard

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:52:52 Mobile | Show all posts
Let's talk about talk.

Yes, this is a "What Equipment Do You Have" thread. But, I think a reasonable amount of discussion can and should go on as long as it is contained to the equipment at hand.

Certainly wandering off on diverse tangents, like is good speaker wire good or is it all the same, or getting into discussion of "that equipment suck!" , "No, that equipment is great. Your equipment sucks!" are pointless and worthless.

We need to keep the clutter in this thread to a minimum. But, I think there is room to comment on and discuss the equipment as long as we keep in focused.

Can we have some clarification on this issue?

I agree the discussion needs to be contained, but certainly some discussion must be allowed?

Steve/bluewizard

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:52:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Hi Steve my Acoustat's are the model 1 1s that means 2 - 9x45 inches panels stacked horizontaly they where the smallest stacked model that existed there was also the 2 2 - 3 3 - 4 4 - all stacked model where 94 inches high they where made in the U.S.A. and stopped production in 1991 mine are from 1984 of course they have been modified and rebuilt with metal frames you can see the making of in my Flickr photo galery here
Flickr: mracoustat's Photostream i will post two photos of mine and those of my friend the much bigger one's, as for the rest of the system it's in my signature.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:52:55 Mobile | Show all posts
Discuss all you want, I did ask for system only specifics to be posted in the sticky, that is why I made it one, but I have put it back with the rest of the threads so discuss all you like.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:52:56 Mobile | Show all posts
In regards to the Acoustats

Further discussion here under speaker thread with the same name

http://www.avforums.com/forums/speakers/453784-what-speakers-do-you-have-33.html

About half way down

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:52:57 Mobile | Show all posts
I'm not saying it should or shouldn't be a sticky. Though I think it should.

I'm all for limiting discussion, as there are plenty of other places for general discussion. But are you sure we need to limit it to specifications only? Limit it yes, but to specifications only?

I'm not trying to start a war or anything, just trying to find reasonable bounds for a thread that is and should be primarily photos and specifications. But how much wiggle room is in "primarily"?

And I fully acknowledge that by discussing this, I AM straying off on an irrelevant tangent.

I'm simply seeking reasonable guidelines and boundaries for this thread.

That said, as you are the moderator, I will accept your judgement and decision on the matter. I'm not trying to push for any position or advocate for anything that goes against the Moderator's judgement.

And, it is probably best if that is all I say on the matter in this thread, as it is a distraction from the central topic.

Steve/bluewizard

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:52:58 Mobile | Show all posts
Guys,

Lets start posting pics of our kit and maybe it can be made a sticky again in the near future. There are quite a few discussion posts on here which is the reason its been reverted to a normal thread.

Please lets get it back on track for now and we'll see how things go

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:52:59 Mobile | Show all posts
i don't have a problem either way of whether it is a sticky or not. it does however seem a shame if members are unable to 'discuss' about each others kit. it kind of takes the whole point away from posting pictures of kit in the first place.

personally, i'd prefer it not to be a sticky 'if that means we can have a proper discussion'

it is one of those threads that could fall under special circumstance. the whole point of a thread is to discuss things of relevence at the end of the day. having said that, it looks like a popular enough thread anyway, so regardless of sticky or not, people will want to discuss other peoples set ups..... how room accoustics work for their set up. whether they feel hardflooring is beneficial to theor listening pleasure.

the list is endless. if we can't talk about stuff, there is no point in the thread whatsoever.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:53:00 Mobile | Show all posts
i mentioned when posted about my kit, i had changed my room around and now did not have a cable long enough to run my tv through hifi speakers. well i took delivery of a 5m rca cable yesterday so now the situation is resolved, i have better quality audio for tv and movies

thanks to Don Dadda who kindly offered a cable to me for postage costs, but i already sourced a cable and arranged a collection.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部