View: 436|Reply: 9

New System Recommendations Required

[Copy link]
28-11-2019 00:56:32 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Earlier this year I bought myself a Bluesound Vault 2i, ripped a lot but not all of my CD's, and imported everything else I had on iTunes. I also acquired a pefectly functioning 1970's Technics turntable. I've found myself listening to stuff I haven't listened to in ages, and well, you know where this is going....
I now want to replace my ageing Philips system and Lake speakers with a new Amp, Speakers and CD player. I also just purchased a Samsung Frame 2019 TV.
So far, I'm leaning towards :
Amp - Yamaha R-N803D
CD Player - Pioneer UDP-LX500. This then covers both CD and DVD / Blu Ray requirements (space is a major issue).

Anyone got any thoughts on the above, and recommendations for Speakers? I was looking at the KEF R3's, or even the LS50 wireless at a push. I may want to listen to the TV through the speakers.

Any advice will be gratefully received.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:56:33 Mobile | Show all posts
I have the Pioneer LX500. It's a very good CD player as well as having good SACD credentials. It also has the ability to use RCA analogue in a direct function if you wish to experiment on the difference in qualities. As for the speakers I did audition the old KEF R300s against the LS50s and preferred the overall abilities of the R300s as they tend to dig deeper than the LS50s. I strongly recommend you listen to both in an audition.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:56:34 Mobile | Show all posts
A stab at a budget would be useful for suggestions, as would an idea of your listening room size.

Use magic Report

Author| 28-11-2019 00:56:36 Mobile | Show all posts
I have about another €2.5K all in....

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:56:37 Mobile | Show all posts
The LX500 is going to take at least a third of the budget if not more, just under a £1000 here in the UK.

Use magic Report

Author| 28-11-2019 00:56:38 Mobile | Show all posts
Lowest price I found was €899, but yes, a big chunk of what's left of my budget.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:56:39 Mobile | Show all posts
It’s not even remotely worth spending that much unless your budget was four times the size.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:56:40 Mobile | Show all posts
I’d suggest you consider this combination or something similar for your budget.

KEF R500 DIFFUSORI ALTOPARLANTI-NERO  | eBay                                                                                                        Le migliori offerte per KEF R500 DIFFUSORI ALTOPARLANTI-NERO sono su eBay ✓ Confronta prezzi e caratteristiche di prodotti nuovi e usati ✓ Molti articoli con consegna gratis!                                                                                                                                                                                                        www.ebay.it                                                                               
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Cyrus ONE HD AMPLIFICATORE INTEGRATO, NERO, NUOVO  | eBay                                                                                                        Le migliori offerte per Cyrus ONE HD AMPLIFICATORE INTEGRATO, NERO, NUOVO sono su eBay ✓ Confronta prezzi e caratteristiche di prodotti nuovi e usati ✓ Molti articoli con consegna gratis!                                                                                                                                                                                                        www.ebay.it                                                                               
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                PIONEER bdp-lx70a Blu-Ray player high end Full HD Dolby True HD DTS OTTIMO STATO!  | eBay                                                                                                        Le migliori offerte per PIONEER bdp-lx70a Blu-Ray player high end Full HD Dolby True HD DTS OTTIMO STATO! sono su eBay ✓ Confronta prezzi e caratteristiche di prodotti nuovi e usati ✓ Molti articoli con consegna gratis!                                                                                                                                                                                                        www.ebay.it                                                                               
Good places to start I think  

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:56:41 Mobile | Show all posts
A few other high quality bluray players to consider

Oppo 103/105
UB900 (4k)
Marantz UD5007

These can all be found used for a good price.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 00:56:42 Mobile | Show all posts
Without looking it up, that is about £1500. That leaves another £1000 for a pair of speakers.

You can buy LS50, but little to no point in buying LS50-Wireless, when you have a Receiver with Streaming.

I recently heard the R-Series Bookshelf, and was very impressed.

The Kef R3 has amazing bass for a speaker that small, and it was still controlled and clear.

R3 Bookshelf Loudspeaker | KEF                                                                                                        R3 redefines standmount performance. That's no surprise, as it shares the same drivers as the range-topping R11. A true three-way speaker, the 165mm (6 in.) bass driver pushes bass performance to new extremes. The 125mm (5 in.) midrange driver and 25mm (1 in.) aluminium dome tweeter create a...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                us.kef.com                                                                               
Depending on how tight the space is, you might consider the Floorstanding R5 which are not really huge speakers -

R5                                                                                                        KEF engineers do not believe in compromise. The svelte styling of R5 contains the same Uni-Q as its bigger brothers, with a 125mm (5in.) midrange driver and 25mm (1 in.) aluminium dome tweeter producing incredible levels of detail. The slightly smaller 130mm (5.25 in) bass drivers still produce...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                us.kef.com                                                                               
That eats your entire budget and a bit more depending on how far you want to take it.

Bookshelf are not going to have deep bass and impact like a larger floorstanding speaker, but they serve many people for many purposes, and as I've said, I was very impressed with the R3 for a bookshelf speaker. But your expectations have to be realistic relative to what you are buying or at least looking at.

Yamaha RN803
Pioneer UDP-LX500 (a bit expensive, but highly praised, and multi-function player)
Kef R3 Bookshelf

Come close to your budget, and should make a very good system.

However, it is up to you to determine if that systems does what you need done.

Steve/bluewizard

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部