View: 570|Reply: 19

All in one or seperates for Leema Xero speakers

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:01:20 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Another how longs a piece of string thread but I'm hoping I've bagged a pair of Leema Xero's which were on my wish list a few years ago when I was into the whole hifi/av scene.

So I'm looking for some suggestions from people more knowledgeable than me.

Ideally I'd like an all in one unit, amp, CD, tuner, music streamer and be able to link Spotify, oh and it also needs a phono input for a turntable.

It doesn't have to be an all in one and I realise with what I want out of it then seperates are probably the only way to go.

The 2 priorities are best sound the money and also be fairly easy to operate as my better half is keen to get back into listening to quality music over a quality system. (we're both sick of alexa and bluetooth speakers.)

I'm more than happy to hunt down second hand models but also with black Friday coming up I'm hoping it might be a good time to buy.

Budget isn't massive, about £600 but would pay more if something ticked all the boxes. I've got the speakers, turntable and interconnects.

Thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:01:21 Mobile | Show all posts
Great speakers. I loved mine; as peppy as a gymnast on speed.

They do like a good amp though. I ran mine with a musical fidelity XA-2.

I’d suggest something with similar heft. So no all in one alas...

Except, possibly this shiny new model from a Marantz.

Marantz NR1200 Network Receiver                                                                                                        Introducing the new NR1200 high-performance stereo network receiver, engineered to deliver exceptionally detailed, high-fidelity music playback from a slim, elegant chassis while including all of the modern features and connectivity that users demand.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                petertyson.co.uk                                                                               
This has everything you need. Except a CD player sadly.

Therefore, without killing your budget you could add one of these using either the analogue or digital outputs to suit.

MARANTZ CD 6000 cd player with remote, Fully working  | eBay                                                                                                        Click here to see description.                                                                                                                                                                                                        www.ebay.co.uk                                                                               
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Marantz CD5005 CD Player - Black 4951035053577 | eBay                                                                                                        As you’d expect, it plays CD, CD-R and CD-RW discs as well as MP3 and WMA files. Marantz CD5005 Technologies Separated rectifier circuit for analogue and digital circuitry. The random play function will give you another option to explore your music in a new way.                                                                                                                                                                                                        www.ebay.co.uk
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:01:23 Mobile | Show all posts
Great speakers. I loved mine; as peppy as a gymnast on speed.

They do like a good amp though. I ran mine with a musical fidelity XA-2.

I’d suggest something with similar heft. So no all in one alas...

Except, possibly this shiny new model from a Marantz.

Marantz NR1200 Network Receiver                                                                                                        Introducing the new NR1200 high-performance stereo network receiver, engineered to deliver exceptionally detailed, high-fidelity music playback from a slim, elegant chassis while including all of the modern features and connectivity that users demand.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                petertyson.co.uk                                                                               
This has everything you need. Except a CD player sadly.

Therefore, without killing your budget you could add one of these using either the analogue or digital outputs to suit.

MARANTZ CD 6000 cd player with remote, Fully working  | eBay                                                                                                        Click here to see description.                                                                                                                                                                                                        www.ebay.co.uk

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:01:24 Mobile | Show all posts
Alternatively...

This bad boy...

Yamaha R-N803D Network Amplifier                                                                                                        Yamaha R-N803D                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                petertyson.co.uk                                                                               
At a great price too...

And a used CD player to keep the price down possibly?

Alternatively, richer sounds have a good selection of new ones to consider...

Again, Marantz are never a poor buy. You could try this one either using the Yamahas superb dac or the Marantz. See which you prefer.

Marantz CD5005 (Black)                                                                                                        With a new DAC and CD mechanism, the Marantz CD5005 is better than ever. Enhanced sound qualityAt the heart of the CD5005 is a new, top quality Cirrus Logic CS4398 DAC.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                www.richersounds.com

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:01:25 Mobile | Show all posts
Ps, if you already have a Blu-ray player I’d certainly try that first into either the Yamahas or MArantz’s modern dacs.

Good luck.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 28-11-2019 01:01:26 Mobile | Show all posts
Brilliant, thanks very much. I'll have a look through all of that when I get home.

The XA-2 was also on my list from many moons ago. I must have read somewhere that they were a good pairing

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:01:27 Mobile | Show all posts
I loved it. The only problem was no remote control and I’m lazy.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 28-11-2019 01:01:28 Mobile | Show all posts
They all look like excellent options but the nr1200 has got me thinking now about selling my soundbar and just using good old fashioned stereo set up and I could dig out and hook up my monitor audio rsw12 for films.

It's all going in the tv cabinet anyway so this could work out quite nice and also give me a bit more cash by selling my ysp-2700 soundbar.

Of all the receivers (if any) out there that offer the same versatility as the nr1200 would you say this is the best of the bunch or could I get better performance by spending a bit more money?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:01:29 Mobile | Show all posts
For a little more there is the mk2 Arcam Solo music which seems to fit the bill except the phono which can be sorted by a £50 second hand Rega A2D Fono which is very small and will tuck away in the back of the cupboard.

Arcam Solo Music exhibitors Music System MK II SACD CD FM DAB   Bluetooth WLAN  | eBay                                                                                                        Zusätzlich empfängt der Solo Music gestreamte Musik entweder kabellos über Bluetooth und WLAN oder über eine kabelgebundene Netzwerk-Verbindung (UPnP). Ein Radiotuner mit UKW, DAB und DAB  steht ebenfalls zur Verfügung.                                                                                                                                                                                                        www.ebay.co.uk                                                                               
Or new Arcam Solo Music

Solo Music - Music System - Arcam                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        www.arcam.co.uk                                                                               
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Review: is Arcam's Solo Music the best all-in-one audio system? | gramophone.co.uk                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        www.gramophone.co.uk                                                                               
For an extra £100 you can get the movie 2.1 which has a blueray dvd drive.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 28-11-2019 01:01:30 Mobile | Show all posts
Brilliant, thank you, added to the list. Completely forgot about the arcam solo.

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部