my system is as follows:
amp Pioneer A 30
cd player harman kardon hd 970
tuner fisher preference fm 905
google chromecast audio as streamer
speakers q acoustics 3020
i want to reduce the number of devices and cables so think like this
variant 1:
keep the amplifier and speakers and buy a yamaha cd nt 670 (or suggest an alternative)
variant 2:
keep the speakers only and buy some of the al in one system
- Denon CEOL-N10
- Pioneer NC 50DAB
... you suggest further
most I listen is Tidal HIFI, then CD, and least tuner

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:01:58 Mobile | Show all posts
Maybr-Sell everything, buy this and a set of active speakers

Marantz UK | ND8006                                                                                                        ND8006 - Network CD Player                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                www.marantz.co.uk
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 28-11-2019 01:01:59 Mobile | Show all posts
It is way over my budget, and i prefer to stay at least with one of my hifi components (at least spakers)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:01:59 Mobile | Show all posts
You didn't mention a budget

Maybe a marantz mcr612

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:01:59 Mobile | Show all posts
This may be a bit of a left field suggestion but I have nothing but praise for the Marantz m-cr603. I think Marantz produced a bit of a gem with this little all in one and I'm not the only one to think so. The build quality is miles above the new Marantz m-cr6xx offerings and I suspect the sound also. I stream itunes from my computer to a Yamaha wxc-50 hooked up to the Marantz and my speakers are the Elac b5 mk1. The combination sounds pretty wonderful imo with a lovely mid range and a surprisingly full bass. It doesn't raise the rafters but in no way is it weedy.
Connection wise, you have optical, 3 or 4 rca (I can't remember), there is an Airplay upgrade version and there is intenet radio and other functions which I've never used, but suffice to say a pretty full range of possibilities for something which came out in 2011. To top it all the CD player is pretty decent ahd has never failed me.
These beauties can be had on ebay for £150 for a good example, ridiculous value for money!  I recently got upgraditis and thought I would get a Marantz pm6006uk and rip my CDs to high quality files. Wish I hadn't bothered. The marriage of the Yamaha to the new amp is not working well and I much prefer the sound on the m-cr603.
Er... no, I'm not selling mine in case you're asking

Use magic Report

Author| 28-11-2019 01:01:59 Mobile | Show all posts
One of the reasons to ask for help is to reduce number of devices and cables, and that marantz doesnt have stream func. I would prefer one with all func. And in my country ( Montenegro) ebayshopping is not as  Easy as in rest of the world ( shipping cost, ect...)
Thoes any one have experience with yamaha cd nt670?
And for variant 2,just to add two more devices for consideration...
Pioneer xc-hm86d and
Onkyo cr-n775d

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:02:00 Mobile | Show all posts
I was looking at the new Marantz Melody X MCR612, to replace my old (but fully functional) MCR603, but it's pricey at nearly £600. By chance, I stumbled across Richer Sounds selling off superseded MCR611s for not much more than a third of that price. I was delighted to get one for £205 inc. delivery.
I see a few are still available via eBay for under £300. Might be worth a look as the spec isn't that much worse that the 612, it seems to me.

I hope I can recoup some of the cost by selling my MCR603 on eBay.

Use magic Report

No experience of the Yam, but the Marantz CD6006 is very good for the price.

Personally I would get shot of those speakers first...

Use magic Report

Author| 28-11-2019 01:02:00 Mobile | Show all posts
Sorry about late cnaging my mind, but I figure that maybe the best solution will be to take into account avr. Now I have 2 solutions. First, to buy AVR with best posible stereo reproduction (for the price), and sell everything except speakers (and living in hope that I did not fudge up stereo experience), or buy good AVR vith pre out (desirable slim variant), keep my stereo amp, and connect AVR to amp as pre-power combo.
In any od these two scenarios, I will gradually build suoround speakers system, of course.
So, to sumarize, I am looking for AVR with HDMI IN/OUT (to connect cable receiver, android tv box...), with good reputation in stereo sound, network, good internal DAC ( TIDAL is my No1 source for music), eventualy zone2 possibility.
Some models of interest are :
Marantz NR 1509/1510 - have pre out
Marantz SR5013  (this pricey model must be one one piece solution)
Denon AVR-X2500
Yamaha RX-V685
Pioneer VSX-934
I need opinion about of these AVRs, and recomendation for some other models in this price limit.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
The Marantz are considered the best of the mid range receivers for music with their HDAM circuits. However both 1509 and 1510 do not have these no board. In that respect the SR 5013 is the better of the Marantz for music performance as it is equipped with HDAM. The Denon is pretty poor at music. I cannot comment on the Yamaha nor the Pioneer.

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部