Back New
Author: Filipedine

Power cable construction/shielding

[Copy link]
28-11-2019 01:03:50 Mobile | Show all posts
Price seemed reasonable and it should stop any possible noise from the mains to my phono’s. Not sure if it is one end as I would have to cut the plastic screen to meter it out.

Tacima High Quality Screened Shielded and Braided Mains Cable SC5689/B                                                                                                        Tacima SC5689/B HI FI and AV enthusiasts recommend that you upgrade the standard 13amp IEC Mains Cable for a screened and shielded type with rf protection                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                www.avstorm.co.uk
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:03:50 Mobile | Show all posts
SMPS are becoming the norm for electronic equipment, and I think they're bad news.  I have an Oppo player and Meridian processor, supposedly high quality equipment, but both had SMPS.  I  replaced both with linear  power supplies, and the sound quality of both took a good step upwards.  Indeed I used to have a nice business upgrading Meridian players and processors to linear supplies until Meridian switched their high end gear to linear supplies, and offered after-market upgrades to existing equipment, which became very popular.

SMPS produce a lot of noise, and that travels in both directions - downstream to the electronics, and back upstream to the mains.  With the widespread adoption of switching supplies, switching amplifiers and high speed digital signal processing, I think noise and interference is a significant factor in sound quality these days.  

Nick
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部