View: 899|Reply: 31

How do you listen to your Music ?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:04:00 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Most of my listening theses days is done,by sitting in the sweet spot between my speakers,with no distraction,on LP or CD,this ? came up the other day,by a mate who only streams theses day,but most of his listening,is in is workshop/or when he doing something else say around the house.
He seem very please he can get music in all his rooms,whereas i only have music in one room.
Sometimes in the pass i have listen to music in the background,but not so much theses days.

So do you like your listening with no distraction/or as background or a bit of both ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:04:01 Mobile | Show all posts
I've kids. I listen to music anywhere I get to sit down for a bit, the sweet spot is the spot where I get to listen without being disturbed
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:04:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Headphones late in the evening mainly, otherwise the sweetspot for speakers is the same a for films and TV. The headphone and speaker systems are now completely separate in different parts of the living room.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
It depends. I have an office at home which has a HiFi so I listen whilst I work. I have a HiFi in the kitchen so I listen whilst I cook and eat. I also have my cinema room where I sometimes  sit down, and just listen to an album. Music is an integral part of my life and I do not limit myself to how and where I listen.
We also have music nights, where 4 or 5 of us all bring 3 tracks and we take it in turns to listen to each other’s 3 tracks and discuss them. A great way to enjoy music with friends.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Listen to it live !!!!

Seriously, I have listened to more live bands in the past four or five years than in the past two decades and I really enjoy the whole event, meal before, lots of chat before with others, always try and get there to watch the support bands (sometimes you are surprised, sometimes it is a bit Meh), then the main event. Even better it is a great way to spend time with my Son who I have indoctinated with the same musical tastes (note you have to start  young for this to work ).

Other than that it is my office system whilst working or just listening, can't seem to get my AV system to sound totally acceptable for music even though it is fairly well speced.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
@Ugg10 have to agree, nothing beats live music. The same guys who come round with their 3 tracks are also a group of 'old guys' who I regularly go and see bands with. Mostly local bands and cover bands with the occasional bigger name. The wife also loves gigging (we saw Sophie Ellis Bextor and Florence and the Machine earlier this year)  as does my 14 year old daughter (bit more pop-punk / goth). As I get older I realise that I love having a 'soundtrack to my life'.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:04:04 Mobile | Show all posts
Couldn’t agree more. Can’t touch a live gig for a complete experience. For me, music at home is trying to replicate - as far as possible - the acoustic of trying to replicate that performance in your listening room. Of course it’s not completely possible but it’s what I strive to achieve.
I try to have music in as much as possible and try to get my 2 little children listening as well. For individual listening, I have perfect hour at 9 pm. My wife and children are in bed and I have time in the evening to listen to whatever I’m in the mood for.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:04:05 Mobile | Show all posts
Home hifi in my loft conversion, Alexa spread around the house, and a second hifi in our snug (which doesn't get used much)

AV is separate and in a different room.

But so agree about live music, particularly where I am now. In the last couple of years I've seen everyone from The Damned to Wolf Jaw, and being in a band myself,  am regularly seeing new bands.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:04:06 Mobile | Show all posts
Recreating live, Hmmmm. Been looking in to building some speakers, you got to have a project (or three) haven't you.

These seem interesting as that is what the designer was aiming for.

Tarkus - undefinition                                                                                                        DIY audio projects by Paul Carmody (Undefinition)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                sites.google.com                                                                               
I have sort of approximated this at the moent with a pair of 8" 1" (metal dome)  active monitors and two 10" ported subwoofers located together and running left and right channels 9ndependently i.e. full stereo pair.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:04:08 Mobile | Show all posts
Working outside I have a Makita site radio. Inside working I have an Anker Soundcore which I stream Spotify too, or the odd album off my phone if there is no WiFi to use.

Proper hifi is either at the sweet spot (when I get the chance) or at my desk late into the evening. 9/10 times it's off axis at my desk.

I'm still pondering getting another headphone setup for the desk. I have one currently which was bought years before the hifi, but it's soooo lackluster compared to the hifi (Sen 550   Aune T1 mk2 tube amp) I just can't bare listening to it.

Use magic Report

1234Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部