View: 402|Reply: 9

Plz advise on HT Bypass

[Copy link]
28-11-2019 01:16:00 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Dear Brothers,
At the back of my Roksan integrated amplifier K3, there is a HT Bypass button. Could you please advise what HT Bypass is and how to use it.
Thank for your support.
David

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:16:01 Mobile | Show all posts
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Amps with home theater pass through suggestions                                                                                                        Im struggling to find  a list of amps that have this feature.  I would like to add an amp for music connected to my main speakers that can also be used with my AVR for movies in surround sound.  Ive looked in the forums but its mainly old kit that now not available. Does anyone have any...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                www.avforums.com                                                                               
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Amplifiers with HT-bypass - update 03. September 2017                                                                                                        Audiophile.no has made a list of stereo preamps and integrated amps that have one sort of HT-bypass. This list is updated 3.september 2017 with ampli...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                audiophile.no                                                                               
Some info here.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:16:02 Mobile | Show all posts
It allows easy integration of AV and stereo amp, so the stereo amp always powers your front channels.
Essentially the HT bypass input bypasses the volume control of the Roksan. You cannot alter the volume of that input using the volume knob on the Roksan, but you can using the volume on you AV amp.
This saves you having to remember where you set the volume on the Roksan was when you ran the calibration on your AV amp, and having to return it to the same place every time you watch a film.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:16:02 Mobile | Show all posts
With ht bypass on all devices lost the analog inputs from the stereo amp??

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:16:03 Mobile | Show all posts
HT by-pass is selectable just as other input options are. On my Rega amp is simplying pressing the 'direct' button on the remote to enable by-pass. The volume is then controlled by the connected pre-amp or receiver. It's an extremely easy way of using the same front speakers for both a home cinema and stereo set up.

Use magic Report

Author| 28-11-2019 01:16:03 Mobile | Show all posts
So what I understand is as below:
1. I need two amplifiers, one for surround sound (AV receiver) and another for stereo (which is my K3 intergrated Amp).
2. I connect all video sources (DVD, Bluray, games console, video streamer, etc) to the AV amplifier with RCA interconnect and all two-channel music sources (turntable, cd players...) to K3 amp (also use RCA interconnects).
3. Then I plug  front-left and front-right speakers into the terminals on K3 amp, and all of the other speakers (centre, sub, surrounds and height speakers, if using) into the relevant terminals on the AV amp.
4. Use standard RCA interconnect to connect the front-left and front-right pre-outs of the AV amp to the Bypass input of the K3 amp (marked as Connect to Processor L&R pre-out at the back of K3 amp).  
In this step, I see another ternminal of AV input marked as By pass switch to AV at the back so I am confused which one should be choosen?
5. If my set up is ok, I could listen music using K3 amp and R&L speakers. I also could enjoy movies by simplying switch bypass button at the back of K3 to bypass mode (in this case, I can only use the volumn knob on AV receiver).

Please correct me at steps which I go wrong.

Thanks!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:16:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Regarding point 4, I do not know what the terminals marked “bypass switch to Video” are. There is also a switch that says bypass/av. Better check the manual for that.

Regarding point 2, I would use HDMI to connect video sources, not RCA

Use magic Report

Author| 28-11-2019 01:16:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Manual doesnt mention abt it. Here is the picture. Should I use (1) or (2) to connect AV amplifier?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:16:04 Mobile | Show all posts
You've got the basics right. That is the connection that you need, there is a switch to the right of out and that has to be set, I believe to AV, check the manual in this respect. Those RCA connection will then go back the AV receiver's front left and right pre-outs. The front left and right speakers will be connected to the Roksan.

Blu ray players, TV, set top boxes, or other devices that deal with video should be connected by HDMI to the AV receiver. All music sources should be connected to the Roksan by RCA.

To watch films or TV then both the AV receiver and the Roksan will be to be used with the Roksan switched to the by-pass mode. For music only then just the Roksan is fired up and used as normal.

Use magic Report

Author| 28-11-2019 01:16:06 Mobile | Show all posts
Thank you Gibbsy and all. You are great help!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部