Author: RJay

Amp and speaker advice required

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:21:03 Mobile | Show all posts
been out of the buying hi fi game for a bit but i listened to some dynaudio emit m20's yesterday..as i'm looking at downsizing my big kef iq90's....plus i'm finding them sounding a bit harsh these days..especially when turning them up a bit .

they are about 600 quid stand mounts...was looking at similar b and w's but guy pointed me to these as when comparing the 2 he reckoned a lot of customers went with the dynaudio's....didnt have time to listen to both

never l heard any before but apparently the BBC used to use them in their studios

...anyway sounded great very detailed with highs not harsh at all and very tight bass...

probably not the best lookers out there but dont think you'll find many bad reviews
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:21:04 Mobile | Show all posts
Dynaudio Emit M20 need a big amplifier since there are not that efficient

Also if the volume range of the amp is very limited, you might get some distort at almost any level if it's already loud at 9 o'clock missmatch between how loud the signal (gain) that comes in to the amp and ho much you need to turn the volume up to make music loud.

Renerally the dynaudio need an amp with lots of power and something that is not distorting ar 10 o'clock Marantz PM6006 is bare minimum but only because it's 4 ohm speakers (2x60watt)

https://www.harbeth.co.uk/usergroup/threads/how-loud-versus-how-far-you-turn-the-volume-control.2174/page-1               
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部