12Next
Back New
View: 599|Reply: 10

Bluetooth transmitter with AptX for hifi

[Copy link]
28-11-2019 01:26:07 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I recently purchased a Sony WH-1000XM3 Bluetooth (AptX) headphones for use with the iPhone, but would also like to use it at home with the hi fi. Unfortunately, none of my current equipment has a Bluetooth transmitter (see sig for kit list). Running a very long cable from the headphones socket on the AV9 to the headphones is also not really an option, a long cable running across the room will be a constant source of danger. This is also the reason I no longer use my old but nice, cord-only Pioneer headphones.

What I'd really like is a good quality Bluetooth transmitter with Aptx that I could plug into the headphones socket, so as to drive the Sony without any cables. Failing that, something I could connect as zone 2 would be a possible compromise, but is not my preferred solution.

Can anybody make any suggestions? Price: ideally no more than the Sony WH-1000XM3 (CHF 280).

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:26:09 Mobile | Show all posts
                                                Avantree aptX HD Low Latency Long Range Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver for TV, Wireless Audio Adapter for Home Stereo, Optical AUX RCA, Dual Link, Extender, Splitter for Wire & Wireless - Oasis Plus: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories                                                                                                        Buy                                                                                                                                                                                                        www.amazon.co.uk                                                                               
                                                                                                                                                                                                        [2019 New!] Avantree TC417 aptX Low Latency Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver, Support Optical Digital Toslink, Volume Control for 3.5mm AUX, RCA, 20h Playtime, Wireless Audio Adapter for TV, Home Stereo: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics                                                                                                        Free delivery and returns on eligible orders. Buy [2019 New!] Avantree TC417 aptX Low Latency Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver, Support Optical Digital Toslink, Volume Control for 3.5mm AUX, RCA, 20h Playtime, Wireless Audio Adapter for TV, Home Stereo at Amazon UK.                                                                                                                                                                                                        www.amazon.co.uk
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 28-11-2019 01:26:10 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks Larkone. Unfortunately, AvantreeDirect don't ship to Switzerland, regardless of whether I try Amazon UK, DE or FR, but I found a local supplier. The only issue seems to be that it apparently only has a USB power cable, so I'd need an adapter. but that's possible.

Use magic Report

28-11-2019 01:26:11 Mobile | Show all posts
I'd second the suggestion of the Avantree Oasis Plus if you can source it in CH. I use one with the Sony WH-1000XM2 with good results. The Oasis Plus and your Sony headphones support the aptX HD codec which has higher data rates than standard aptX.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:26:12 Mobile | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:26:13 Mobile | Show all posts
Keep in mind that the  Avantree Oasis Plus is BOTH Transmitter and Receiver, and also support APT-X-HD. It has extended distance, and Low-Latency. And both Optical and RCA inputs and outputs.

Steve/bluewizard

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:26:15 Mobile | Show all posts
Look for an LDAC transmitter if you want much higher bit rates than Apt-X (nearly double for high res files).

Edit
Ah, just noticed, can't find an LDAC transmitter(?) - I'm spoilt by having it on my Android phone and portable Fiio media player!

Use magic Report

Author| 28-11-2019 01:26:16 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks. I also found it at Digitec at CHF 120.

Are there any devices with a lower latency? Or is this just something I have to accept when watching TV via Bluetooth?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 01:26:17 Mobile | Show all posts
The latency for AptX LL is 40ms so within the ATSC spec of max 45ms. Remember it has to compress and transmit in near realtime so there will always be some latency. The only way not to have any latency would be to connect directly to the TV.

Use magic Report

28-11-2019 01:26:18 Mobile | Show all posts
I believe the limiting factor here will be your Sony headphones which don’t support the aptX Low Latency codec.

For when I’m in an intolerant mood for delay, I switch to a £30 set of headphones which do support aptX LL (partnered with the Avantree). Then the delay is noticeably less than with the XM2 i.e. all but disappears.

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部