View: 694|Reply: 2

Lyngdorf DPA-1 with Lyngdorf Millennium and Ken Kreisel active sub.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 02:38:10 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
What am I doing wrong?
I have a DPA-1, a Millennium mk3, and a Ken Kreisel active sub thats giving me a headeache.
Using the DPA-1 as preamp because I want Roomperfect. The problem Im having is that the volume control on the Millennium changes aswell when I use volume on the preamp. And the dont match up. When Im gaining 0,1 dB on the preamp I gain 0,2 on the Millenium. This wasent a problem when using only main speakers but now when Im gonna match an active sub via the DPA it is. If I raise with 1 dB on DPA-1 then I will raise output on main speakers with 2dB but only 1dB on subwoofer.
The strange thing is that when lowering volume they dont go back to same. DPA and Millennium will differ.

This is how I set it all up.
DPA-1 is Main.
Millennium is Slave.
Millennium, connected to DPA-1 via digital set as MAIN out on the DPA-1. Full scale.
Ken Kreisel sub connected to DPA-1 via LINE out (L and R), on the DPA-1. Regulated.
Crossover set at 60Hz.

I suspect i missed something on the Millennium when setting it all up, but what.
Any thoughts or suggestions what Im doing wrong will be very welcome.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 02:38:11 Mobile | Show all posts
If you are using the display of the Millenium to determine the output volume then you are probably experiencing this issue (from the manual):
The volume is adjusted in approx. 500 uniform steps of 0.188dB. The value displayed is always rounded to 0.1dB resolution. However not all 3-digit volume levels can be set, the value will increase with either 0.1dB or 0.2dB according to the rounding number.

Have you checked what you are actually getting using a sound level meter? There is the possibility that these are just not gain matched and therefore this issue cannot be fixed between those pieces of kit. Failing all of that have you tried asking Lyngdorf Technical?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 28-11-2019 02:38:12 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanx for the answer.
They should be matched(or atleast I think they should be) because I use DPA as master and Millennium as slave. Maybe I haveto set output to regulated instead of full scale betwenn DPA and Millennium? Had it at full scale because I got that advise. Ill try tomorow.
Anyone else have any ideas?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部