New Turntable & Speakers Advice

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 02:39:26 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all

Apologies if this question has been asked a lot - I did scroll through through the first few pages but didn't see anything to answer my question.

So currently I have a Steepletone Chichester II (Steepletone Chichester 2 Nostalgic Retro Wooden Music: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics)

The sound is not great, as you'd expect. The bass is almost non existent, and well, I'm sure I don't need to go on about it's deficiencies. I carried on buying vinyl with the intention of upgrading, bit every time I think I've made up my mind up I get second thoughts and continue reading a plethora of reviews about a bunch of different models.

I want to buy new and I don't want too many devices. So I'm thinking active speakers is the way to go. My budget I guess is around £300, though cheaper is always better, but then if something is going to significantly better at a slightly higher price, then I'd consider that too.

I had looked at the Audio Technica LP-AT60X with Edifier R1280T active speakers, simply because it came up on a Google search and at £200 seemed like a good price point. Will I notice a big difference between this set up and the all in one system I have at the moment, or do I need to spend more to start hearing that difference?

If I can hook my phone up for BT streaming from that, even better, but not essential as I have a WiFi speaker for that. Just thought one less device plugged in would be good.

All suggestions and advice gratefully received as I'm driving myself, and my wife, made with my fickle turntable ruminations! Many many thanks

Steve

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 02:39:27 Mobile | Show all posts
Try too aim higher than the LP-AT60X. It may be marginally better than the Steepletone but is no great shakes.

Your LPs and ears deserve better

Jim
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部