Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
Back New
Author: Speedycat

Help before i go for it ,,

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 02:46:36 Mobile | Show all posts
Yes. Definite improvement.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 02:46:37 Mobile | Show all posts
There's no science behind it but my own upgrade philosophy is to (at least) double expenditure with each upgrade for a worthwhile improvement. This assumes the chosen components are the best available at their particular price points and they're bought for the lowest price.

Best current price for the QA3020 is £119 and the QX2's sell for around £320 so I'd say yes, a worthwhile upgrade. I've no personal experience of either of these speakers but I've seen several great reviews for both.

Mission Qx-2 Bookshelf Speakers - Black Wood Compact Home Loudspeakers for sale online | eBay                                                                                                        Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Mission Qx-2 Bookshelf Speakers - Black Wood Compact Home Loudspeakers at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!                                                                                                                                                                                                        www.ebay.co.uk                                                                                Looks interesting.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 02:46:38 Mobile | Show all posts
I can only go by experience but this has been my finding, too. Every step “up” seems to work by a factor of two. It’s not a hard and fast rule and many will disagree but - discounting bargain and used equipment - seems to work.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 02:46:38 Mobile | Show all posts
Nah, some people will spend a small fortune in seeking that 5% improvement. I have a confession to make.....

I'll always champion the KEF R Series and at almost half their original price the R100s are an outstanding buy and for a relatively small speakers they punch well above their weight. Excellent with female vocals.

KEF R100 Bookshelf Speakers                                                                                                        Fast, clean and agile, with a low-end performance you would expect from a speaker double its size or with a dedicated LF driver, the R100 has a brilliantly designed full range Uni-Q driver array.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                petertyson.co.uk

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 28-11-2019 02:46:39 Mobile | Show all posts
Wanting to purchase a rega exact cart . Someone selling one second hand

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
28-11-2019 02:46:40 Mobile | Show all posts
Put a wanted ad here as trading is not allowed on the open forum.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Home Cinema & Hi-Fi Classifieds                                                                                                        Buy, sell and trade used home cinema equipment                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                www.avforums.com

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部