View: 299|Reply: 0

What a surprise!!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
29-11-2019 10:44:25 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Scream is a good movie, more of that is a great meta-movie /parody of the slasher genre of horror ,which by 1996 ,when scream came out was in decline. West Craven here in a way made fun the main movies of his directorial history (like A Nightmare on Elm Street) and show us that even the most hardcore Filmer can be caught of guard. That is in a sense the story of Scream and fortunately Mr Craven and the actors made a great job pocking fun in the clichés of the horror movies we all know and either love or hate. To the point this flick was a sleeper hit and twenty years later has become the guideline of "How to survive a horror movie". Before I saw for the first time Scream ,I thought that it was overrated, after seen it it more than deserves the praise it gets. If I have to nit pick some thinks, is the fact that it is a bit dated for todays standards and the chill which once made people chill ,has been spoiled due to the low point in which horror movies are in modern-days. Note that it also had unnecessary sequels like the films it made fun of, what a irony!I am pretty sure that, horror movies will come back ,like the superheroes movies before them and Scream will be seen as a historic film ,like Phsyco(1960), Dracula(1930) ,Alien(1979), The Thing(1982) and the rest of the historic horror movies which even today we praise them as landmarks. It will come its time for sure.

score 8/10

tankace 18 April 2016

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw3453798/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部