View: 82|Reply: 0

Dog Pound to Scum is like alligator to crocodile.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
29-11-2019 11:58:29 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
From what I have read Dog Pound is a film influenced by the British film Scum and is not a remake but if the truth be told it is almost exactly the same. Even some re-makes of other film's are not as close as these two film's are and because I seen Scum first and thought it was brilliant, Dog Pound has a lot to live up to. So does it then? The answer is no it doesn't, it's not even close. I suppose if I hadn't off seen Scum first I would of though this was a slightly above average film. The main character Butch is no where near Ray Winstone's character Carling and as I watched him, I just felt like I was watching a man trying to act tough. Maybe it is just me but I think he made the film worse. No spoilers here though and if you watch or have seen Scum then there is no need to tell you anyway. Not a lot more I want to say about this film really, it is no where near the level of Scum and having said that I would recommend that film but not Dog Pound. I warn you in advance mind, it's not for the faint hearted. Dog Pound 6.5 out of 10, Scum 9.5 out of 10.

score 7/10

MickyBurns 16 March 2013

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw2768874/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部