View: 107|Reply: 0

It's only the beginning... Grease IS the word!

[Copy link]
29-11-2019 15:51:25 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Very possibly the most known musical of all time, Grease is a film that just blew up and knocked everyone out of the ball park with it's catchy tunes, sexy actors and just gave everyone a great time. I've watched this movie since I was a kid, I find it hard to believe that there isn't a person who doesn't at least know one song from this musical even if they hadn't seen it. But I just adored it, played it over and over again because of the songs. I thought the pink ladies were so cool and the T-Birds were so funny. Growing up and watching it again, it does have a different view than that of a child, but I think it holds up well and is still a ton of fun.

Danny, a greaser, is a member of the T-Birds who include Kenickie, Doody, Putzie and Sonny. Meanwhile, the Pink Ladies arrive, Rizzo, Frenchie, Jan and Marty. After her parents decided not to return to Australia, Sandy enrolls at Rydell and befriends Frenchy, who considers dropping out of school to become a beautician. Oblivious to each other's presence at school, Danny and Sandy tell the T-Birds and Pink Ladies their respective accounts of events during their brief romance. Learning Danny is Sandy's lover, Rizzo arranges for the two to reunite, but Danny is forced to maintain his bad boy attitude in front of his friends, upsetting Sandy. Now with their love on the rocks, these groups need to drop the attitude and just sing their problems away because "grease" is the word.

One of the most talked about scenario's is that Sandy supposedly has to change herself in order to be with Danny, enraging a lot of feminists. My look at it is that these two did genuinely love each other, while they shouldn't have cared so much about what their friends thought, they would be willing to do anything for each other in order to be a couple. You even see Danny dressed a little bit more preppy before he sees Sandy in her new transformation.

I love the energy that is put into this film, I think that's what makes it so special. Everyone just loves to dance and sing to this movie. How could you resist it? My favorite scene that still gives me chills and gets me up dancing is definitely the school dance scene. Between the dancing the music, then to add the jokes that were made on top of that with Kenickie lifting up the cheerleader's dress to just have fun since she's such a goodie-goodie, was just too funny. My only complaint being about this movie that I still don't get is that Danny starts dancing with Cha Cha when she pulls him away from Sandy, he just keeps going not even thinking about Sandy. One of the things I find so hilarious about this movie also is that the actors who all look like they're in their 30's are playing 17 year old's. But I digress; this movie still holds up today because it just brings a certain happiness to people. It's a wonderful film that anyone could find themselves dancing or singing too.

8/10

score 8/10

Smells_Like_Cheese 15 March 2004

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0160210/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部