View: 90|Reply: 0

I ask for an apology to my friends

[Copy link]
30-11-2019 14:43:26 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
As I insisted to see this movie together since we are horror fans and the stars are quite promising. I wish I could get up and off the theater right away, thing I would do when the show doesn't move me at all. But I just couldn't, it was my idea, so I kind of had to take "the punishment".

The idea is good. Twisted ending to explain what is the truth about the daddy's hidden agenda. But it has too many try-to-be scary scenes. Actors like had never ending popped eyes and opened mouths, it is tiring. Every horror movie should treat the audience up and down like roller coaster while the thrill stays, then slowly aiming to the explosive ending. The plot sacrifices actors, we don't see them emotionally at same level of hysteria from one scary scene to another. Those too many try-to-be scary scenes get us totally bored. And worse of all is director doesn't bring anything new to make us jump off our seats. We have seen everything in this film previously, name it; the old house, the red door (why red?), dark basement, the back-crawling up the wall possessed mother (it failed btw), the voodoo, evil or ghost pulling leg under the bed, wavy air as the evil spirit passes, etc. Those scenes confuse us, we don't see the connection or the order to explain the evil's plan.

I also still have few questions; the goat demon, there is demon, correct? Where is it eventually? And how many evil spirits? It is two, correct? One stays to possess everyone in the house and one flies back to hospital to kill the daddy.
Is there anymore evil spirit?

score 5/10

maindraaritomo 14 August 2018

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw4284665/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部