View: 77|Reply: 0

My Favorite Film Tie

[Copy link]
1-12-2019 09:46:17 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
After just writing a comment about one of the least greatest black films (Belly) I decided to write about my favorite film.  Actually Mo Better Blues is tied with Carlito's Way as my favorite film.  At any rate Mr. Spike Lee expressed the story of love that everyone feels.  Finding your creative spark in life, the person that adds on to your physical being, and being to able balance the both of them is the task for which this film tries to display and accomplish.  It asks, if you didn't have the one thing which makes you you any more,how would you function.  Bleek (Denzel Washington) was solely dependant upon his music because that was what he could outlet every strain of energy in him out on.  Being an m.c. I know what it's like to have my lyrics be my way of venting out the world's hell.  What complemented to his music was his love of women though.  Yo, I thought Cynda Williams (Clark) was going to be my wife when I first saw this film. Anyway the black women portrayed the savior to Bleek once he could not depend on the only thing that he exclusively gave his attention to.  Also on a side note this film was the first to portray a character from the Nation of Gods and Earths.  Next time you watch it look for Born Knowledge.  Overall this film was one of the reasons I'm in film school now.  It was highly overlooked as one of the true black romantic comedies of my generation, as was Love Jones so we got to love our own before we love the other man's films.  I loved this film and it is tied with Malcolm X as my favorite Spike Lee film.

score /10

supremeallah7 6 December 1999

Reprint: https://www.imdb.com/review/rw0285909/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部