1234Next
Back New
View: 1302|Reply: 38

Hue Play HDMI Sync box

[Copy link]
1-12-2019 21:03:56 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Excellent, I've been hoping Philips would produce one of these for ages:

Philips Hue bulbs can now hook up to your TV screen for immersive lighting                                                                                                        Who needs Ambilight?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                www.techradar.com                                                                               
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Philips Hue box makes smart lights flash along with anything on your TV                                                                                                        The pricey realization of the Hue system dream.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                www.theverge.com

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:03:57 Mobile | Show all posts
I've literally just been reading this myself, been waiting for this for a long time, mainly for gaming thought.   in the region of £200 is gonna be a few quid though,
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:03:58 Mobile | Show all posts
Ive been waiting for this for ages as well!  My question though - do I run my ARC cable from A/V receiver in to the hub and then into TV, or run all cables through the hub first and then into the receiver?  At the minute I have no lip sync issues with any of my equipment and I dont want to introduce any?!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:03:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Good question, I suppose until its out we won't know.

I wouldn't want to run my receiver directly to the hub then the TV, it would have to pass through 4k.  

The TV you could probably just use any HDMI port direct into the hub id have thought.  I only don't know.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:04:00 Mobile | Show all posts
I does passthru 4K at 60fps, apparently. As you say - we will have to wait and see, but as soon as this is out Ill be all over it!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:04:01 Mobile | Show all posts
It looks like all the AV devices need to run through the Hue Play HDMI Sync Box but there is only one HDMI out to the TV, so how do you connect this to an AV receiver?

Would an HDMI splitter work for each device you connect to the Hue box?
Say if you added a 2-port HDMI splitter at the video source and then connect a HDMI cable to the AV receiver and a HDMI cable to the Hue Play HDMI Sync Box.
You would need up to 4 x 2 port HDMI splitters and 4-8 additional HDMI cables to connect to the Hue Play HDMI Sync Box, assuming you already have an HDMI connection for each device hooked to your AV receiver.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:04:02 Mobile | Show all posts
It would sit between the receiver and the display surely?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:04:03 Mobile | Show all posts
Also could it not connect to HDMI B on an amp (if fitted) so not actually be in the signal chain to cause issues.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:04:03 Mobile | Show all posts
I think for standard TV viewing it would quickly become very annoying, for me it would be purely for gaming, so I'd only need one HDMI, probably attach it to my 4K player just for messing and demo's.   

So if I use this as a pass-through in the Receiver does that mean all sources would have to be connected to the hub?

Use magic Report

Author| 1-12-2019 21:04:03 Mobile | Show all posts
All the (some basic) specs are detailed on the Philips website now:

Philips Hue Play HDMI Sync Box NAM | Hue                                                                                                        Sync your smart lights to your on-screen TV content with the Philips Hue Play HDMI Sync Box. Four HDMI inputs allow you to connect your media devices to your Hue setup, resulting in a fast, seamless display of colorful smart light that responds to and reflects the content you watch or listen to.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                www2.meethue.com

Use magic Report

1234Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部