View: 443|Reply: 6

Recognise when individual is in certain part of house and play their own music - is this possible?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:22:51 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I have SmartThings, Phillips hue, google home and Alexas, Sonos throughout the house. I am trying to think of a way that it can be recognised that an individual has walked in a room, and distinguish between individuals, so for example if I walk into a room at a certain time it recognises it’s me and plays my music or triggers a specific routine individual to me.   I know there are SmartThings presence sensors but these only work as in thy are on the network, not which room they are in.  Phones, I imagine, are in the same category.   I can’t think of a way of doing this yet, or if we are quite they yet with currently available consumer smart home kit.  If anyone has any ideas to make this work I’d love to hear them.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:22:52 Mobile | Show all posts
Alexa can trigger audio playback from a specific device when a specific sensor is triggered but can’t do it on a per person basis as far as I’m aware.

On iOS devices HomeKit can play from Sonos when a motion sensor is triggered (I believe the functionality will be added to homepods when they get iOS13 too) and you can specify to only do it when the sensor is triggered and you are home, but again not quite down to a specific person.

While not motion triggered, you can also set up NFC tags which when. Tapped can play specific playlists depending on who’s phone has tapped it.

I don’t know if what you want could be set up via IFTTT or yonomi.

At the moment (if it were me) I’d just set up a routine on Alexa with a trigger word and make sure you have each persons voice profile stored so that Alexa knows who’s speaking to it.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:22:53 Mobile | Show all posts
I think the closest thing that I have seen to date is Roomme beacons RoomMe - Personalized Smart Home Automation based on Room Location
By Intellihome that identify individuals room presence by their smartphone.

You could also have a look at MokoSmart Beacons

Bluetooth Beacons - MOKOSmart #1 Smart Device Solution in China

Which are BLE Beacons and can do similar.

I know we have RFID presence detectors in some of our high risk areas at one of my plants, that automatically engage safety lockouts as soon as somebody with a safety RFID enters the area, but that cost £30k for one area.

Bill Gates also has a similar system in his home using RFID pins to grant guests access to certain parts of the house and to activate certain functions.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:22:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks, yes I remember Bill Gates doing this years ago and reading about it somewhere.  Roomme certainly looks interesting......I can see this concept becoming more mainstream.   I like the idea of Roomme but not sure if it’s out in the UK yet.  Will do some research- thanks!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:22:54 Mobile | Show all posts
actually having looked into it this Roomme looks exactly what I need.  It looks really promising and I can see them being bought out by one of the bigger players and this becoming fairly mainstream.  A small tag would be better than having to carry a phone but the price we pay for being pioneers. I really appreciate the tip as I hadn’t seen this - I’m going to order a couple from Amazon.com as they ship them to the U.K.  thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:22:54 Mobile | Show all posts
I follow a lot of HA podcasts and one of the podcasters had just bought a set as well. Please keep in the loop on how you go on with them as I am very interested.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:22:54 Mobile | Show all posts
The closest I have got to this (without having to carry tags or smartphones) is RF Tomography. Trouble is it’s still mostly at research stage and the one company (Xandem.com) that have productised it do not want to send me an eval kit as HA is not on their Business Model.

It basically works on lots of nodes around the house emitting RF and the disturbance the human body makes when your body passes by. You can actually track multiple people as they move.

The kit is actually simple - based on Zigbee nodes and RSS but there is a lot of Maths behind it.

I am hopeful someone uses this tech for HA as it will open up the whole presence detection (holy grail)

Fabien

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部