View: 433|Reply: 8

Which soft and controller are best for unknown TCP IP dev. two way control

[Copy link]
1-12-2019 21:22:57 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Need non cloud solution for unknown for USA local maded HTTP or TCP IP devices that are have two way  IP . Need to control small houses - apartments from android/ios tablets and phones.
Looking for easiest soft
I try:
- URC Total Control - not good in TCP IP,
- RTI Apex - not good in TCP IP or may be i dont found deep info in this v10.5 software.
- have Crestron software, but i dont run it past 2 years, i remember that need different for GUI and hardware

Which soft and controller are best NOW for my solutions

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:22:58 Mobile | Show all posts
Apologies appreciate you're not a native English speaker but your request doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

What are you trying to control? You say "TCP IP" but that's just the transport mechanism. What are you actually trying to do? (i.e. what API or control language is in use). Also what is your technical ability. If it's HTTP based then why not write some HTML that will do the control and put it up on a website you can just access with any browser? Is this commercial or is it for your own personal use as they have vastly different answers.

G
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 1-12-2019 21:22:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Trying to control AV, smart home  devices using IR   IP two way. All standard - AV, thermostats, light and so on. Macros for automation. Remote control, schedule.
Program interface tablets and phones with custom, zoomable, dragndrop buttons seems like RTI Apex, etc - easy, intuitive
Engineer, installer
Commercial use
Look for solution for customers: soft controller
Like RTI/URC but  friendly foк TCP

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:22:59 Mobile | Show all posts
If it's commercial then I have no idea. Crestron, AMX or Extron all do high end control systems but they're complex and expensive especially if you're setting up as an installer. I have no idea if they'll do what you want but at the high end they're the main players. At the lower end you have the likes of Control 4 or even something like Homeseer. They might be able to do what you want.

Not sure you're asking in the right place though or asking the right questions. If you're thinking of doing it commercially then I'd start by getting employed or apprenticed to a company in your country that already does this to learn what and how to do it on a commercial basis. Either way you're going to need commercial contracts with some of the big hitters and go on the requisite training courses if you're going to start charging money to someone else.

Other than that, I can't help you any more.

G

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:22:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Crestron is usually the way to go these days, RTI could do for some projects but everything depends on size and complexity. If you need any help PM me and we can talk about it

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:23:00 Mobile | Show all posts
This thread is nearly 10 months old and the OP has not been back since January. You are unlikely to get a response.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Yes I'm aware thank you. Its not really about the response but to contribute and get the word out : )

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Necroing a ten month old thread to promote yourself is not a great way to gain credibility here I am afraid. I appreciate that you are a Crestron programmer looking for business but I would suggest spending time supporting and helping members will gain you much more traction. Just my 2 penneth worth as a HA/CI who has been on these forums for 16 years.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Matter of fact I'm not looking for business at all, and definitely not looking to promote anything or anyone (including myself). I remember times when most valuable information was on forums and every comment was helpful and appreciated (as it is your personal time is it?) and ultimately got me partly where I'm today. From that perspective 10 months old thread doesn't really matter (in that perspective), and the fact that I didn't look at the date on this at 2am either : D

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部