Author: Shooter1

Hue, IFTTT and Smart Plugs

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:26:21 Mobile | Show all posts
@Jamie Thanks. Can you provide a link to the plugs you have and how you've configured them in relation to the Hue motion sensor?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:26:21 Mobile | Show all posts
Both of my plugs just show as lights and work just the same as other devices wrt to configuring them.  As it happens I don't use the official app to program my accessories as I much prefer Hue Essentials to the official app as it allows much more flexibility but I did test them using the official app originally.

This is the generic one, which is £19.99 so a tenner saved over the Hue plug

Smart ZigBee Plug Socket for Smart Home Automation with SmartThings and Amazon Echo Plus Needed for Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant Voice Control ...: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools                                                                                                        Smart ZigBee Plug Socket for Smart Home Automation with SmartThings and Amazon Echo Plus Needed for Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant Voice Control ...: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools                                                                                                                                                                                                        www.amazon.co.uk                                                                               
The Innr plug doesn't seem to be available from Amazon at the moment, this is the link from my orders page on Amazon but it's bringing up an error page when I click it. I paid 24.99 I think.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SGG1BS5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Programming the motion sensor and dimmer switches isn't something I tend to use the official app for as 3rd party apps tend to offer much more in depth options. I use Hue Essentials.

In the official app they are treated just like an on/off light bulb and are treated the same. They can be added to a room and a scene and be used as part of the sensor setup.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 21:26:22 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks for the reply. I ordered the below, which works exactly as I want it to.

Smart ZigBee Plug Certified 3.00 Plug Socket for Smart Home Automation | Works with Zigbee Hub from Philips Hue* SmartThings and Amazon Echo Plus Amazon Alexa and Google Home.: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools                                                                                                        Smart ZigBee Plug Certified 3.00 Plug Socket for Smart Home Automation | Works with Zigbee Hub from Philips Hue* SmartThings and Amazon Echo Plus Amazon Alexa and Google Home.: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools                                                                                                                                                                                                        www.amazon.co.uk

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:26:23 Mobile | Show all posts
That looks identical to the one I use. Mines been excellent and hasn't caused me any issues.

The one slight niggle I had was when I programmed an off function to a dimmer switch. By default lights are faded off, however any value above 0 is on for a device like this so an off action seems to have a noticeable delay. I was able to specifically set a fade time of 0 using a 3rd party app (Hue Essentials on Android)
The apparent delay wasn't massive but just ping enough to make you uncertain the button press had registered. Not an issue for control with a sensor but worth mentioning if you use it in conjunction with a switch

Use magic Report

Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部