View: 384|Reply: 2

RM Pro + - IHC EU app - Alexa

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:32:42 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi guys, up until the other day I had alexa operating my RF sockets by using the RM Pro   with the rm plugin installed on an android device with the alexa bridge etc etc.. Suddenly its stopped working..

After some Paul Hibbert research I've found out that the plugin is no longer required.. Just the IHC app and the RM Pro  ..

I set it up as instructed.. On the IHC app, the on and off buttons control my RF sockets.. However, when discovered new devices on Alexa, the 'Alexa turn my light on' works, but the 'alexa turn my light off' says, 'sorry, your device doesn't support that' how can this be when the IHC app operates it successfully?

Please help!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:32:43 Mobile | Show all posts
Alexa can be a real PITA with the wording that she will accept

for example if I say "turn" on the projector she responds that she cannot find a device named projector
but if I say "projector on" it works

lights are even worse with a echo dot setup to turn lights on and off in the room it is located in if I say "turn" the lights on it wont work
but if I just say "lights on" it works

My TV needs 2 commands on to turn it on one to put it in standby and a second to actually turn it on
using a RM Mini I either have to say "turn on the TV" followed by "turn on the TV" again
or to use a Scene I have to say "activate the TV"
Its just Trial and error
I would try "Alexa lights off" without the word "turn"
Regards
Andy
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:32:44 Mobile | Show all posts
Try saying "Alexa turn off my light" instead of "Alexa turn my light off" this was one of the reasons I ditched Amazon  and switched to google as I found Alexa was too picky with the wording it would accept
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部