View: 419|Reply: 3

Ermm new to this......Harmony ultimate remote and lights and sockets?

[Copy link]
1-12-2019 21:35:54 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all I bought a harmony ultimate a few years ago and never used it, i used to set it up and then i was consistently changing the settings to get it to my liking...anyhow

I got it out again and have set it up.

A few questions about it?

1. It has a hub with it, i thought the hub was an extra part of it and the remote would control with infra red without the hub? But if i don't have the hub connected it comes up with a error? (hub not connected)

2. I want to control a set of halogen lights 20 x 10 watt in my ceiling. Is there a light switch i can use which does not need an extra hub?

3. Also is there any double sockets that work with it without an extra hub ?

many thanks

Use magic Report

Author| 1-12-2019 21:35:55 Mobile | Show all posts
I want to control an existing set of lights, so basically changing the light switch on the wall and then controlling it with my Harmony Ultimate. Had a uick look at Hue and it seems if im not wrong that you have to use their bulbs ?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:35:56 Mobile | Show all posts
1. The hub is an integral part which you must have on, but the handheld remote does have it's own IR transmitters. You can control whether the hub or the handset or both transmit per device. Tap the settings cog, then settings, Devices, Hub Assignments

2. Yes, I used to use Lutron Rania or at the cheaper end of the spectrum you can use Varilight V-Pro which supports scenes. Both require IR line of sight though and both will support tungsten or dimmable led bulbs.

3. Not sure that there is a double socket out there, but you can use plugin Standby Saver sockets which have IR receivers on them. There's one on ebay now. Of all the various different standby savers I've tried, this one is the most reliable, the relays don't get stuck like they do on others.

Use magic Report

Author| 1-12-2019 21:35:57 Mobile | Show all posts
hi many thanks

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部