View: 356|Reply: 4

Advice on Thermostat Changing

[Copy link]
1-12-2019 21:36:56 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I've recently bought a Drayton Wiser Multi-zone Heating kit

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075GRPZQ1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I currently have a Honeywell Cm707 thermostat on the wall for my Worcester combi boiler.

I have removed the thermostat front, leaving the backplate and wiring left on.

Does anyone know if I can just put the Heat Hub directly on the backplate and it will work or do I have to change wires?

The video on the Amazon page suggests that it's one off - one on but I'm not really sure.

As you can tell, I'm useless with this stuff!

Any advice appreciated

Thanks, Joe

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:36:57 Mobile | Show all posts
Hey Joe,

without sounding pompous, if you dont know what you are doing and you are working with live mains level voltages, I would suggest calling in a professional. Given your own admission, on a public forum, that you do not know what you are doing, any resulting 'incident' this would be self incrimination. For the sake of a £150 find a friendly heating engineer or electrician who can help you. Sorry not to give you the answer that you are looking for, but I think its the best advice that you will get.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:36:58 Mobile | Show all posts
A cursory glance of the 707 manual suggests the backplate would need changing

Use magic Report

Author| 1-12-2019 21:36:59 Mobile | Show all posts
Oh don't worry mate I completely agree haha. It's just that on the amazon page I linked, it literally says that you take the thermostat off and pop the heat hub on. That just sounded a bit too simple... (plus I'd be turning the electric off anyway)

As for the manual suggesting I'd need to change it, is that because it isn't a standard backplate?

Thanks for the replies

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:36:59 Mobile | Show all posts
There is a "standard" backplate but I'm not sure how standard it is, for instance, I took my Honeywell stat off and the Tado kit fit straight on.  However, the 707 looks to consist of a backplate that is actually just the back half of the programmer rather than a plate the programmer fits onto.  

This video shows shows the type of plate im talking about (the black one already on the wall):

Which appears to be different (i.e. much smaller) than the plate in the 707 manual shows wires being attached to.  

Do you have the Drayton kit in your hand?  It should appear quite obvious whether the plate will just fit or not (irrespective of wiring).

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部