View: 389|Reply: 2

opus 6 installers

[Copy link]
1-12-2019 21:40:49 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Are there any opus 6 installers left, I have an MCU 610 and faceplates but as a lot of installers have pointed out this is not a simple system to set up. and I am now asking the question does it make sense to install a system that is no longer in production

Are there alternative systems that would make more sense and do not cost a huge sum of money.
I am looking for Audio only for bedrooms and kitchen, wall pad or tablet (Android ) controlled.
I want a wired system not wireless. We are building and extension that has open walls but not for much longer.
Maximum of 5 rooms
Sono's is the named that keeps coming up but appears to be wireless, I would like ceiling mounted speakers, music will be supplied by  a synology Nas box, radio, spotify or similar, connected to a home network (Wired)
I am currently wiring cat 6 to 24 port switch.

Any suggestion appreciated, I am aware that I should have asked this question earlier.

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 21:40:51 Mobile | Show all posts
I really would not recommend installing an Opus system, if anything happens to it you will not have a good time trying to get it resolved.

You can use ceiling speakers with a Sonos system, either using Connect:Amps or Connects and seperate amplifiers. You need one Sonos device per zone of audio. If you have a lot of zones or lack of space then Bluesound is another system similar to Sonos, which offers 4 zones in one box (NAD CI580), you just need to provide amplification.

Both can play music from NAS, as well as tons of different streaming services. Both can also be wired onto the network for reliability.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 1-12-2019 21:40:51 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling it was not the best idea.
Just need to figure out wiring for Sonos and buy the units when needed.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部