LightwaveRF Dimmers

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:44:16 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi
I’m replacing 2 switches which switch 2 ceiling lights in our lounge (as though they were a single light). One switch is a simple rocker switch while the other is a rotary dimmer. They both operate the lights and are situated at opposite ends of the room. I’m confused as to the correct wiring as I don’t recognise the colours / labelling detailed in your installation instructions.
Please see attached pictures of the rear of both switches. Probably irrelevant but the one with the most wires is the rotary dimmer.
Any ideas?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:44:17 Mobile | Show all posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:44:18 Mobile | Show all posts
First thing to ask is do you have 2 x L21s?  It will be necessary, but the benefit is that you'll be able to control the dimming level from either side.

2-way switching with LWRF is wired a little differently to both conventional wiring and LWRF Gen 1.  Connect the dimmers with the same wires to the same terminals.  N (neutral) is not needed.  The wires with the brown collars should be your switched lives.  The others should be live.  I'm hoping there's an earth somewhere just out of shot of the first photo!

Then there's some calibration to do, linking, and then the multi-way switching.  I have a (un)planned migration to gen 2 soon, so unfortunately I can't help you much further until I've been through this myself, but this should be enough to get you going.

As always, any electrical advice provided on the forums is taken at your own risk.  If in doubt, seek a professional to do the installation.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部