Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 617|Reply: 2

hikvision - options for Cloud Storage / Remote access viewing?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:46:02 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I have an Hikvision OEM NR32P4-4 NVR ("Hikvision Comparable Model Number: DS-7604NI-K1/4P") along with 3 hikvision OEM cameras are plugged into my NVR.
Currently the camera record onto the hard drive of the NVR, and that's it. I do not have anything stored in the cloud. I also use an app iVMS-4500 on my iPhone to view my cameras when I am away from home. I have a DDNS setup through noip which I use on the iPhone app. It seems that at least a few times a month I get connection error and can not view the feeds remotely. I am not sure if the noip is not updating or what, but it is very annoying and inconvenient.

So my questions are: What is the cheapest/easiest way to have cloud storage with my NVR? I have a Synology NAS, but because the cameras are hard wired into the NVR, I don't think the Security Station will work on the NAS.

What is the best solution for me to view/access my cameras remotely? Seems like using DDNS and this iVMS-4500 isn't 100% reliable for my home needs. I've read about some services (ie Anglecam) where you use their app, and add you cameras/dvr and you can view them remotely......but not sure how good they are.

ANY suggestions greatly appreciated

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:46:04 Mobile | Show all posts
Have you tried the other Hik vision app Hik-connect? I switched over to it from ivms-4500 and not had any dropouts since.
Here is a link to try it
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:46:04 Mobile | Show all posts
If you have the same firmware as the HikVision model then you can record directly to a Network Drive, so it shouldn't take too much to set up a Network Drive on your NAS and record directly to it from the NVR.

Alternatively you could use the Security Station if you switch on Virtual Host on the NVR. This makes all the hard wired cameras available on the host network via the NVR IP and a port number. That way Security Station should be able to access the cameras directly.

For remote access I'd use Hik-Connect. Again, there is a little bit of setup to do on the NVR, but avoids the need for a DDNS.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部