Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 751|Reply: 2

Google Home

[Copy link]
1-12-2019 21:47:00 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello.
I'm new to the forum and 1st post. My question, is it possible to take apart a google home speaker and hook up one or a few speakers and microphones through out the main floor of a house like having them mounted in the ceiling so one google home speaker can be accessed through out a floor. And have it hidden.the reason I would like this is having music playing through out the main floor and if you have notifacations or timers activated sometimes they are missed because the Google home speaker in a different room activated the timer. We currently have 4 google homes in our house 2 on main floor one in the 2nd floor one on the garage.i can see having individual ones in the bedrooms but it would be nice to have the speaker built into the ceilings.

Thanks for any and all help.

Terry

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 21:47:01 Mobile | Show all posts
Chromecast audios can help with the ceiling speaker part. They're discontinued unfortunately but the last time I looked were still pretty easy to get hold of.

You can also set up any Chromecast, speaker or group of speakers as the default for music playback.

So for example my mate has a large open plan living area with a smart speaker at each end of the room. He's turned the mics off on both speakers and has a mini in a central location. Requesting music on the mini plays back on a group that contains the 2 big speakers so the room is filled with music. Indo similar in our bedroom. The Home Hub on my bedside table plays music to a group that consists of a GH with the mic turned off in the bedroom and a CCA feeding a ceiling speaker in the bathroom.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 1-12-2019 21:47:02 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks Jamie, I will look in to that. But kind of defeats the purpose of having a google home with the mic off. I would want all the features active and be able to access one google home in my entire main floor
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部