TCL 6 Series HDR Flickering/judder

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:08:41 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi guys,

I picked up the TCL 6 series and I've noticed when watching netflix, some HD content looks like it's flickering when there's motion. The best example I can see is if you look at "Our Planet" the opening sequence shows the world turning. North America is lit up and as it rotates, the lights look like they are flickering. If I enable motion smoothing it fixes the problem, but I don't like the soap opera effect it has on the TV.

My question is, can someone else check this scene with their TV and tell me if they encounter the same thing. I'm trying to figure out if this is just my TV or if it's common across all brands, that they'd need some motion interpolation enabled to not have this affect.

I tried attaching a video but I guess the file size is too big.

Thanks for any help.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:08:42 Mobile | Show all posts
When content is HDR the TCL does some auto settings that seem counter intuitive.
There was an entire youtube video dedicated to the motion compensation thing and I realized that the content looks better with natural cinema on, which is what they suggested in the video.
Try turning natural cinema on and see how it affects the picture.
My TV is also a Roku TCL 6 series and I have only had it a few days. My only issue is you really have to go in and do all the settings manually to get it to look right, also I have an issue where I use HDMI and I get green twinkling pixels on black screens, and pixel snow on others, you have to get right up to the TV to see it but it is definitely there all the time while using HDMI 2.0.
So I have ordered 3 different brand certified cables to test if that is the issue.

So about your problem try these settings.
TV brightness - Darker
Picture Mode - Bright HDR
Picture Size - Direct
Local contrast - high
Backlight - 80 (adjust to your eye comfort level)
Brightness - 50
Contrast - 100
Color - 30
Color temp - warm
Action Smoothing - off
Natural Cinema - on (toggle this on and off to see if it makes a difference)
LED Motion clarity - off
Game mode - off

For me the above settings are the best on TCL 6 series TV's. I just have to run some tests on the snow issue to see if I have a defective unit or not.
The color on these TV's is horribly over saturated to the point of being cartoon looking and I have found the best settings are from 28 - 34, any more and it looks light someone went crazy with a highlighter.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部