View: 337|Reply: 3

22'' LED TV with unusual feature - repair advice

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:27:15 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I have a 2-year old 22'' led tv - Logik model L22FE14 with an unusual feature, and need advice on reparing it.

It has a 'full-screen' option under Aspect ratio settings, which I'm told is unusual for tv's in this size. I prefer to use this setting because, with the 16:9 setting that most tv's use, I find the image is zoomed in slightly too far and cropped around the edges. I have noticed this same problem on another tv I have - 24'' JVC LT-24C370 - which does not have 'full-screen', only 16:9.

Anyway, my L22FE14 has been having problems with HDMI input. Occasionally the image wil cut out for a second before coming back, sometimes with static and sometimes twice or more in quick succession. I have tried replacing cables and taken it in for repair, but the problem is still happening.

I have been advised that replacing the mainboard might fix the problem, but might also affect the software in a way that would remove the full-screen setting - which would of course defeat the purpose of repairing it.

I have also been told that other Logik models in the same size range should have the same feature, but from looking at their manuals online, this does not appear to be the case.

Is there any way to repair it while making sure that this feature is preserved? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 22:27:17 Mobile | Show all posts
Strictly speaking there are two behaviours here. How the TV displays an image of a different aspect ratio and whether the TV overscans/zooms to hide any noise around the edges.

Many screens do combine both behaviours into a single set of options though.

You don't say whether you're feeding the screen 16:9 or 4:3 content but assuming the former then what you're looking for is no overscan. If that's the case then full Screen is not a good way to refer to it generically as it's often used for an option that stretches all content to fill the screen.

Looking at the manual of your Currys JVC-brand model it looks as if it should produce the behaviour you want on the Auto and 16:9 settings. It doesn't appear to have any explicit overscan setting.
[url=/proxy.php?link=https://www.teamknowhow.com/content/dam/pdf/JVC%2024'%20LED%20HD%20TV%20LT-24C370%20Manual.pdf&hash=e820788f3b7a7f5c9ac90af2014854ad]https://www.teamknowhow.com/content/dam/pdf/JVC 24' LED HD TV LT-24C370 Manual.pdf[/url]

Some models do implement a bit of overscan in some picture modes so you could try changing picture modes. The manual does mention a PC mode which will almost certainly not have it, but isn't clear on how to turn it on.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 1-12-2019 22:27:18 Mobile | Show all posts
Is that the one under the input source menu? Does it involve connecting the TV - or my devices - to a PC? I don't really have a PC of my own - just a laptop - and I wouldn't know how to connect any of my devices to them anyway.
If it helps, these are the devices I'm currently using through HDMI:
Sony BDP-S1200 DVD player
Playstation 4
Nintendo Switch
(The last two are connected by a LHDSW19 3-way switcher)

(Sorry if these questions are silly or unhelpful. I'm a little out of my depth here. If it's not in the manual, I'm stumped )

For what it's worth, thank you for teaching me that word 'overscan'. I didn't know that was the name of the problem. I have a Curry's store near me where I have previously asked my initial question about repairs. I will try asking them about overscan settings on my JVC model.

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 22:27:19 Mobile | Show all posts
The manual does sort make it sound like that, but generally on TVs PC mode is just another image quality mode like sport, cinema or standard. Although it's often only available for HDMI devices and not the internal tuner and apps.

It's worth checking device settings too as sometimes they'll be adding the overscan rather than the TV, although that seems less likely here when you're seeing it on one TV and not another.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部