View: 325|Reply: 2

New LG 55sk8500pla vs Refurb Panasonic 55FX750

[Copy link]
1-12-2019 22:31:22 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Evening all,

It's my big four zero Saturday and I have been a good boy and have saved my Christmas money so I can add it to my birthday money so I can buy a new TV (can't wait).

I am upgrading from a 32" non smart Samsung led HDTV which is about 7 years old.

I have been doing my research just like the vast majority of you on here and have whittled it down to 2 tv's (was 3 but Sony refurb tv's have gone up in price )

As the title say, I am trying to choose between a brand new LG 55sk8500pla or a refurb Panasonic TX55FX700B (from Panasonic eBay store) .

I have looked at these models in Curry's but it's hard to get a good idea of them when in the shop so, have any of you guys on here got these devices and are able to advise on the better model?

I very rarely watch live TV apart from the F1. The rest of my TV viewing is BBC iplayer (and other catchup apps), Netflix, amazon prime and movies through an nvidia shield which I am also looking to purchase.

I have blinds on my front room windows so the room doesn't get too bright during the day and I have dim(ish) lamps for the evening.

So, please tell me which one to buy new LG or refurb Panasonic ??

Anyone else buy a TV from the Panasonic ebay store? If so, how was your experience and quality of item bought?

Thanks all

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 22:31:23 Mobile | Show all posts
Have the LG. Have been very happy with it. It's a hell of a lot brighter than my previous set (LG UH850) and does a really cracking job with HDR/Dolby Vision.

HDR in a completely dark room is it's weakest point, the FALD zones do mean there are some bright spots. However in anything other than a totally dark room it looks fabulous.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 1-12-2019 22:31:24 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks very much for the response Grumpyrocker

Sony put their prices back down so ended up going for the Xf9005 refurb

Cheers
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部