View: 361|Reply: 1

Banding on LED/LCD screens

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
1-12-2019 22:36:35 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Could anyone tell me please, do ALL LED/LCD screens suffer from vertical banding (to some degree or other).

led vertical banding - Google Search

I ask, because, having owned several Sony screens and a couple of Samsung, all of them suffered banding quite badly.

Is it part and parcel, and no getting away from it, or have I been really unlucky?

I'm asking, because having moved to a LG OLED65B6V in the summer of 2017 (and having been really happy with it), I've now noticed that I have burn-in on it (seems to have been caused by Sky News yellow ticker, which having looked on the forum here, I see isn't that uncommon).

So for now, I think i'm a bit wary of investing in another OLED, as I don't believe my viewing habits were anything unusual, up to an hour maybe in the morning, maybe half hour at night, but I was very unhappy with the banding from all the recent LED/LCD screens I've had recently.

Many thanks.

Use magic Report

1-12-2019 22:36:36 Mobile | Show all posts
I think the answer is yes to your question about LED/LCD banding issues, some tvs get glowing reviews but then after a few months of everyday normal use begin to develop banding problems, some even arrive new out of the box with display panel problems, the OLED Screenburn issue something manufacturers are in many cases blaming buyers for, "you just should not be watching programs with static logos on them, and news channels with constant news update bars along the bottom are forbidden" there really should be a clear screenburn hazard warning on these type of TV's.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部