View: 393|Reply: 5

High definition camera with small screen on hangout etc.

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 02:04:15 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello everyone,  not sure if this is possible but what I would like to do is just what google hangout can do with an iphone but with improved video.  It seems like google hangout and skype only can do 720 resolution with a mobile phone.  I would like at least 1080p or even 4k if I can get it but that doesn't look possible with a mobile phone.

So is there any wifi/bluetooth based camera that has a small screen on it that can deliver at least 1080p.  I would like the camera to be cordless, so can run on battery, and have a small screen on it so that I can at least see what the video looks like while I am recording.  I intend to have the video link to a computer or network somehow so that I can skype or google hangout with someone in high resolution.  Mobile phones don't seem to cut it.

Thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 02:04:17 Mobile | Show all posts
There's plenty of web cams that operate in 4K. Here's a good example, designed for business communication and that will work with Hangouts etc. Logitech BRIO 4K Ultra HD Webcam for Streaming, Conferencing & Recording I have an older 1080p model and it is great for videoconferencing across our corporate network around the world.

You don't need a screen, as your laptop or PC will show your camera as a small PiP. This just uses a USB3 connection into your PC, so just 1 wire.

Bluetooth won't support 1080p let alone 4K but some 1080p  camcorders have wifi. Why do you need it wireless? This will affect reliability and might slow down the onward transmission.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 02:04:17 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks man for the reply,  the reason why I would like it wireless is so that the local person can take the camera around the work setup at specific spots so that the non local repair guy can more easily see what is wrong and inform the local guy how to fix.  I suppose if I have to I might be able to get away with getting multiple webcams like you mentioned that have extension cords on them so that they can take use that.

However, what camcorders did you have in mind?

Thanks,

-Mike

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 02:04:18 Mobile | Show all posts
Also the connections will be feed into a poe switch. So it needs to be ethernet if it is to be wired.  I do know that they make usb to ethernet adapters.

-Mike

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 02:04:19 Mobile | Show all posts
There's some good remote tools coming onto the market at the moment that do this. Epson make a headset with built in camera and holo screen. This is designed for precisely this scenario.

TBH, 720p is more than good enough for remote diagnostics. The issue tends to be more around compression and latency - which higher resolution is just going to make worse.

The current solution tends to be a Toughpad or Toughbook with an external USB camera. This gives good 2 way communication with 3G / LTE or WiFi, a good size screen to see the remote tech - and any docs or schematics they upload, and a decent camera to point at the equipment in question. Link this with a Bluetooth headset and you have excellent 2 way comms that works even in quite noisy environments.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 02:04:20 Mobile | Show all posts
Excellent help noiseboy72...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部