View: 345|Reply: 4

Motorcycle Action Cam Advice

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 02:14:18 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all, I was looking for advice in regards to action cameras. I am specifically looking for one which I can mount to either:

1) A motorcycle.
Most secure - Affixed to the frame/handlebars.2) A motorcycle helmet.
Least secure - Glued to your lid? Or affixed somehow.I've got no experience with using action cameras - I kinda missed out on the whole 'YouTube Generation' thing. I literally have no idea which are (currently) the best brands and which cameras work best in low-light (I live in Scotland, sunlight is in short supply).

Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

The Long Story (skip down for TL;DR version):
                        Spoiler                                                        I was in an accident recently wherein a car driver pulled out in-front of me (on a 40MPH dual-carriageway, in broad daylight; great visibility - no excuse) and I crashed into the side of their vehicle. Luckily, I walked away from the crash with only superficial injuries. I claimed it all through my insurance; with witnesses, photographs, drawings, etc. but the other insurer has ignored my solicitors letters (they haven't/won't admit liability; even though I've got a cast of witnesses).

Considering the sheer hassle that I'm having with this claim, I think I'd much prefer to have a camera recording the whole spectacle. Therefore, when this sort of thing happens again, I can just send the insurance companies and my solicitor the video footage and hang them up to dry.

My post seems a bit cold at the end there, but insurance companies are literally the worst people to deal with... It's not been smooth sailings. It's taken 15 weeks, insofar to even get a letter back from my own solicitor, to let me know that they've simply ignored my claim. It also took around 12 weeks for me to get the money back for my bike.

What's funny is, the guilty party's insurance firm phoned me one hour after the incident promising me a brand-new motorbike, physiotherapy, etc. since their client was at fault. It all seemed too good to be true, so I kindly informed them I wouldn't be using their services (since it appeared I'd be getting ripped off).                       
TL;DR - I was in a bike accident, insurance companies are dicks and I want video footage to assist my claims in the future.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 02:14:19 Mobile | Show all posts
It may be of interest. I bought a Denver ACT-5030W action cam. It came with adhesive pads for a helmet and a cycle mount. Extra batteries are also available for the camera. Denver are a Danish company and their kit is marketed in the UK by 3 Wise Monkeys. My camera was around the £60 mark.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 02:14:20 Mobile | Show all posts
How about Drift HD Ghost-S?
It is a perfect camera with embedded display, offline mode durability about 3 hours and camera angle equal to 170 degrees. «Ghost-S» is a heavyweight camera among the others – it seems that it was designed especially for some military actions.
From: 11 best action cameras and gopro 2017: action cams in the detail

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
The Drift Ghost was my first thought as well, I have a friend who wanted one for his motorbike and chose the Drift in the end.  When I was having problems with a GoPro3 Black I received quite a few recommendations from people who had encountered similar issues with the GoPro and replaced it with the Drift which they found to be solid and reliable.

John

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Hi John,

What did you decide to go with in the end?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部