View: 396|Reply: 2

Request: Sony PMB v4.2.00, please, anyone?

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 02:14:40 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
While scouring the web for Sony Picture Motion Browser (PMB), I came across the following threads here, from 2008, which looked like the only places where I might be able to get the installer for some old Sony Handycam software: anywhere i can download picture motion browser?
Sony Picture Motion Browser versions and camcorders

(For the record, PMB was an obscure picture/video management software used by Sony for its cameras. It has since been succeeded by the (similar, but inferior) PlayMemories Home. My mum still uses PMB)

Unfortunately, being from 2008, the download links are either dead or lead to corrupt files (and not quite the versions I'm looking for). I was wondering, perchance could anyone please PM/share a link to an ISO of Sony PMB v4.2? We're in the process of migrating PCs and the disc is long missing, and my attempts to copy over the installed files have been unsuccessful (some hidden setting somewhere breaks after copying, meaning PMB cannot scan for new content).

If I find my disc at any point, I'll update this post to share it somehow.

PS Users Simba Simba and MarkB MarkB managed the original PMB threads; I'm unable to contact them to ask... I don't know whether they might have access to the software after all these years.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 02:14:41 Mobile | Show all posts
May I ask a question?
Can you carry out your photo management with other software (Example: Paint Shop Pro)

1) I had this problem with Panasonic's HDWriter used to download videos from my camcorder. I soon found it was totally redundant as I could download directly into my PC and edit the videos using a commonly used video editor.
2) I found that Sony does tend to tie their customers to only Sony stuff. That is why I do not use Sony kit anymore.

Sorry I cannot answer your question but I suspect there are better ways around your problem. If you can access the picture files directly using the internal folder structure you will be able to order your photos and video directly within Windows or Mac.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 02:14:42 Mobile | Show all posts
Agreed, (that is) unless there is some odd encryption involved ( which I doubt).
I guess Darth Agnon( ) are happy with the old product, but with changes to OS and general PC improvements ( & losing the Disc), makes it impossible to install again.
Was the version you used on a HDD that failed, perhaps....so you can't Recover it?

However, as Terfyn suggests, if the files are healthy, then downloading to the PC should make them viewable on many viewers ( but maybe not an installed Windows-Player - yet it could be OK with older non-HD video files.).
Splash! ( ?Lite?) is fairly easy, but my fav. is Windows Media Player Home Cinema -
Others like VLC - but again there may be an issue with your material not being one of the more-recent formats.

Good Luck...
  let us know how you solve this...

Whilst I agree that Sony does have some issues with connectors.... they are not alone in pushing software that should be better - I believe this is done to appeal to non-techy folks who expect the recorded videos to appear by magic on their TV.
The Sony hardware is probably up with other brands, Canon & Panasonic - but don't think they are pure in the products they deliver - there are pitfalls in any Tech Gear, where the Buyer gets marginally less than they would like.
My stills camera and camcorder are by Sony and can't fault them in general. Of course I'd prefer the price to be lower, the features "more" - but I don't think making a connector proprietary is a reason to rule out a purchase. The software that Mfrs provide I just don't use - as there are far better Paid-for alternatives.  Sadly most modern Video-Editing software is now 64-bit, which implies a rather up-market / New PC.... with plenty of RAM.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部