Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
1234Next
Back New

Using the Panasonic HC-V770

[Copy link]
 Author| 2-12-2019 02:21:41 Mobile | Show all posts
This is sounding annoyingly complicated. I will start looking into this tomorrow. It sounds to me like you can not take the footage off the camcorder via the USB out on the camcorder. I don't have an external SD card reader and if I did I would still need to figure out how to get the file into Premiere. I've got a feeling this is going to be the start of another saga.

It's such a shame my DV camera can't take the line signal through the Movo. I might try it again with the control room out and turn it down with the headphones volume knob. That might get it down enough for the Movo to do it's magic!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 02:21:41 Mobile | Show all posts
As I mentioned elsewhere you need to download the video files to your PC. My method is as follows:-
Connect via USB and open the SD card in the camera. Set up a new folder in the My Video folder on your PC and give it a relevant name. (This is for AVCHD files) Open the SD card, you will see DCIM and PRIVATE. Open PRIVATE and go AVCHD > BDMV > STREAM. You will see your video .MTS files. Select All and move or copy to your new folder on your PC. Then use that folder to run Premier.
You always need access to the video files to run a video editor, that is why you need to move them out of the camera into your PC. When you have moved them re-format the card in the camera.
For MP4 files the action is exactly the same except you go DCIM > 101YBPHH. Look at the page labelled "About the PC Display" in your Manual Page221.

1) Using either Control Room or Headphone Out on the Behringer.
2)Turn that volume to zero.
3)Connect to your camera and use your headphones connected to the camera to monitor the sound.
4) Set the camera mic to AUTO.
5)Now open the volume on the Behringer and monitor the sound via the headphones.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 02:21:41 Mobile | Show all posts
You certainly can. Have you attached a USB cable to the camera yet? When I do I see three choices appear on its LCD screen:

PCRecorderRemote Pan Tilt Cradle
When I select "PC" and go into Windows File Explorer I see:

You can change the Explorer display to show icons, but for the stuff I do, I prefer to see the file details. The Drive Letter and Directory Filename below "DCIM" will vary. In your V770 user manual see With a PC | Connecting to a PC | About the PC display.

While i can copy files  to the PC from inside the camera using the USB cable, copying/moving using an ext. Card Reader is faster and a bit more versatile.

Note: since this a V770M with its 16GB of internal memory, there is also another drive letter showing on the LHS for "CAM_MEM"

Dan.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 02:21:42 Mobile | Show all posts
I agree with Dan. Buy yourself a USB card reader and just connect to your PC. They are not expensive. Remove the SD card and open in the card reader (with the USB to camera connection, the camera acts as the card reader) then move or copy all the video files into your PC. Your video editor needs access to your video files al all times. Importing your video into your editor just gives you a set of active thumbnails.
I normally film in AVCHD 1080/50p Dan is filming in MP4. The video files live in different folders on the SD card.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 02:21:42 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks guys. I should be able to do it following that advice. This time I will take it directly from the camcorder but I will get an external card reader to use in future. I think an external reader will be easier/quicker when I have recorded about half an hour of footage as one file. If I'm playing a load of songs it's hard to stop recording between songs (without a remote control) because I will have to put my guitar down and walk over to the other side of the room to stop the recording. That's a lot of hassle so I will end up with two big files with five songs on each. I'll have a little break in the middle. I always play 10 songs at a practice. Thanks again guys.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 02:21:42 Mobile | Show all posts
Ah! So most of your recording is aimed at you playing guitar. Do you have a Smartphone? If so you can download the Panasonic App from Google Play and at least you will have remote control over your 770. It will work fine provided there is not too much Wi-Fi on in the room, I switch my router off when I am using the App. The App does a lot of things but basically it is a start/stop for the recording function. So it can sit beside you and you will have total control over the camera. See P152 & P156 in your user manual.
Plus it's free.

Use magic Report

Um … The Mac Finder system does not let you access the files. From the camcorder icon you get the folders DCIM and PRIVATE but inside PRIVATE instead of another folder with the .MTS files you just get a weird quicktime file called AVCHD. When you click on that it opens a window in Quicktime where you can play the videos but you can't drag them out.

When you navigate in Premiere, Import File, (with the V770 attached by USB) you get the proper folders and files as described above which leads you to the .MTS files. Yeah, I'm pretty much stuck now. I think I need a Mac user to help out so I'll go on the OS forum (El Capitan) and ask if there is a way of doing it.

Use magic Report

There is a bit of a work around. When you plug in the camcorder with USB the application Photos opens, from there you can export the file and it comes out on your desktop. It comes out as .m4v. That might work but I haven't tried bringing that into Premiere yet.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 02:21:43 Mobile | Show all posts
Ok that work around worked. The .m4v file imports into Premiere no problem. This time I filmed at an unnecessarily large format (1920x1080) so I exported the video at 960x540 and in .Mp4. That all worked perfectly and the audio from the mixer (main out) was amazing. This was via the two stag male to female jack leads » 2x1/4” male mono jacks to single 1/8” female stereo jack Y adapter » Movo. It’s really clear good quality sound with no distortion. It reads an excellent signal level in Premiere.

In the future I will film in Mp4 - 720/25p format (740x1280). That I think will be a bit quicker when transferring the video over and fit a bit more footage on the card. I will probably still export it at 960x540 because it doesn’t really need to be any bigger than that.

Ultimately I’d like to know the more proper way to get those files off the V770 but the way I’ve done it will do for now. Maybe with the external card reader it will offer different navigation options in the Mac Finder.

I don't have a mobile phone advanced enough to use that remote control App. It's not a smart phone and it's from 2010. It's pretty basic but I can film 5 songs at a time. That will be about 15-20 minutes of footage in one file. That should be alright. I hope.

Anyway, thanks again for your help guys. I think I just about got there in the end!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 02:21:43 Mobile | Show all posts
If you are a Mac user then you will need to record in either MP4 or IFrame. Please use the folder structure outlined in your User Manual. The video files will live under DCIM and be one of those folders holding MP4 at the 720/25p level. Mac will not accept ACVHD as for as I know.
I do not normally use the USB connection but I have just connected my camera to my PC using USB. It opens as Cam_SD and shows DCIM and PRIVATE I recorded a MP4 720/25p file and it showed as S1150001.MP4 and played back OK.

You need to gain experience of the file structure which is specific to Panasonic but if you do as we suggest and set up an area in your Mac to accept the files in folders nominated to reflect the contents of your video i.e. "Xmas2018"
I NEVER attempt to use my video editor to access the files. I always download the files from the SD card before I try to load them into VideoStudio. I keep the two actions separate.

Use magic Report

1234Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部