View: 223|Reply: 3

Yet Another HTPC Being Built

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 03:07:41 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
In the seemingly never-ending quest for the "perfect" DIY HTPC for the sitting room:

Rosewill R379-M slimline micro-ATX case with 320 watt PSU;AMD Ryzen 3 2200G CPUMSI A320M PRO-M2 V2 motherboard
8 gigs DDR4-3000 RAM220 gig SSD I had lying about (amazing how cheap these are nowadays)Windows 10Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra Version 19Nothing else.
Will be used to stream my catalogue of over 450 movies etc. (plus the Game of Thrones blu-rays I no longer have any intention of watching again - grrr) from the home server to the Samsung 8-series 4K TV in the sitting room via a Marantz NR-1608 5.1.2 setup.

A nice small case that will sit behind the TV in its corner, out of sight.  There was a different case that was even smaller (shorter front to back) but they've sold out.  The one I'm using has slots for a DVD drive and a floppy or other 3-1/2 inch unit, but I won't be using those.  It's those that makes the case about 4 inches deeper front to back than it could be.  If I need to load more software I'll use USB thumb drives or a plug-in USB DVD drive.

Hopefully the 320 watt PSU will be up to running that hardware (no thirsty high-end graphics card for example) and the sole 80 mm case cooling fan will be up to the job yet quiet enough not to notice.

Should be up and running tonight....

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:07:42 Mobile | Show all posts
Quick question - the PSU only has a single 4-pin power supply for the CPU feed to the motherboard, the motherboard has an 8-pin socket.  It seems to be running okay with the 4-pin.  Do I need to worry or do anything?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 03:07:43 Mobile | Show all posts
Not too sure whether you still need this information but there wouldn't be anything to worry about here. Is everything still running okay?

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:07:43 Mobile | Show all posts
Yeah it's working fine thanks.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部