View: 261|Reply: 7

DC Digital

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:13:52 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
quick question - anyone got any experience of this website? looking to buy an item off there but not used them before

DC Digital TV

thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 03:13:53 Mobile | Show all posts
hmmm...found this through google search, nothing came up on forum search

Answered - DC Digital Entertainment Ltd
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:13:54 Mobile | Show all posts
have you tried the TV forums

Curly

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 03:13:54 Mobile | Show all posts
From what I can see, there are a lot of bad reviews all over the place with this company.  You can try trustpilot , but DC often complain about bad reviews and they're taken down. Also have a look on money saving expert.  DC like to encourage people to pay by direct transfer,  with a 10% discount, but by not paying by credit card you lose your protection.  I would purchase from a reputable high street company/website.  You will pay more, but it will be worth it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:13:55 Mobile | Show all posts
I agree. I have a TV from them which is faulty but to their credit they do seem to have upped their game as regards customer service, answering emails promptly and trying to sort out my troubles.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:13:55 Mobile | Show all posts
DO NOT DEAL WITH DC DIGITAL TV
THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY BUT NOT REPLY TO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS WHEN A REFUND IS DUE.

I thought I would take a chance and order a TV from them last month but wish I had taken notice of the poor reviews.

They accepted my order and payment on 13th June and provided an expected delivery date of 21st June but no tracking details. I contacted them via email to get further details and a contact number for the courier but they advised that the delivery would be handled in-house with no courier/tracking or contact details available for the driver, but to be assured that the delivery would be received within the stated time frame.

It was only when I phoned them the day the delivery was due (I had taken a day off work to await the delivery) that they informed me that they don't actually deliver to my region and that I would need to arrange my own courier/collection.

I requested a refund on the 21st June 2018 and was asked to provide my bank details which I did immediately.... a confirmation email was received to advise that the refund would take up to 14days.

On the 5th July (14 days later) no refund had been received. I have repeatedly called and left voicemails. When I finally got speaking to their receptionist (Eddy) on 9th July he advised me that they would look at getting a cheque posted out. This wasn't as originally agreed and I have requested to speak with the finance team so that the bank transfer can be arranged/confirmed. This has not happened and they will not pick up their phones or reply to emails.

This company should be avoided at all costs. They have had around £500 of my money for the last month and are dragging their heels in returning it.
From online searches this doesn't appear to be an isolated incident either.

Please learn from my mistake and avoid.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:13:56 Mobile | Show all posts
AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!

I purchased at TV From DC DigitalTV in May 2018.  The site appears to be managed by a company based in Poole, Dorset called DC DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED. Looking at other reviews, it appears that the company has run various websites (Go Digital Warehouse and BuyTVDirect) all operating from the same address.

In summary, I made the mistake of purchasing a flat screen TV on May 2018 from this company without reviewing the seller.  To add fuel to the fire, I paid for the TV through a direct debit as it was discounted 10% (in hindsight this should have been a major RED flag, lesson learned!).   To be fair, the TV was delivered on time (well, a day late, but that appears to be the only good result given the circumstances!).   

After opening the box, I noticed there was no TV stand included and no documentation of any type in the box.   I immediately emailed the company and they said this wasn’t company practice and they would have a company representative call me.  At this point, I turned on the TV hoping at least that it worked only to be disappointed with a faulty TV.    It was only at this stage where I decided to research the company and it became abundantly clear I had made a big mistake.   Given the horror stories on various review sites, I decided I would send the TV back immediately for a refund.   

Despite the item being faulty, the company’s website stated that I would have to pay for the return.  On top of this, the company made it prohibitively difficult to return the item refusing the delivery twice at the warehouse before finally accepting it on the 3rd attempt. At this point, they stated that TV was damaged on return and that they would not refund the cost of the TV or my delivery expenses.  I did manage to speak to staff on a couple of occasions and all I can say was this was a complete shambles.   Completely unprofessional and confrontational every step of the way.  The staff appear well trained on how to dismiss and counter any legitimate argument you have.  The discussion tends to circle around how their rights are more important than yours and throw a lot of fraudulent “Terms & Conditions” at you supposedly backing up their claim.   It was obvious that trying to have a rational discussion was going nowhere so I took the case to small claims to get my money back.

In all honesty, this was the worst experience I have ever had with any retailer.

You have been warned!!

PS:  Now I am getting threats from the company of further law suits because of my Trustpilot review.   I think anyone reading this and some of the other similar reviews will have a clear idea of what we are dealing with.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:13:57 Mobile | Show all posts
DC Digital has just launched their newest website called Tradelectronics.co.uk.   Stay away:

This website is operated by a company called DC Digital Entertainment Ltd. based in Poole Dorset. They have run several sites over the past few years (DCDigital.co.uk, BuyTVDirect.co.uk, DCDigitalTV.co.uk) which you can check reviews for and see how reputable they are. Basically sell "graded" products which could be floor models / returns etc. Be warned, they do not consider items like TV stands "essential items". If you happen to get a decent product, you are lucky. If not, good luck trying to get a refund. I was sold faulty TV, had to send it back to them at my own cost and then they refused to refund. Eventually had to take them to court to get my money back. They actively try to shut down negative reviews on sites like Trust Pilot and will threaten you with legal action for defamation (its all a joke). Companies like this should not be allowed to exist.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部