View: 263|Reply: 4

EVGA RTX2080xc V sync

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:31:11 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I have a desktop pc based on Asus z370-g board, Intel 9600k, 32gb 3,000mhz ram, Samsung 970pro SSD at rtx2080xc. At the moment just have a Panasonic 32inch 1080p tv. And Forza can run on max graphics at 1080p resolution fine. But if I turn v sync off, then cornering, the screen kind of judders. With v sync on its fine. But have been experimenting with the DLSS and trying higher resolutions and can just about get to (can’t remember first number) x 2175 resolution and the frame rate only drops where there’s lots of foliage, but at 4K the FPS is 30-50 most of the time. I probably could turn some settings down. But I’m worried how bad it’ll be at 4K. I know the cpu is a weak link, and may save for a 9900k. But turning v sync off the frame rate according to fame is in the hundreds but when cornering the horizontal picture judders and sections seem to not line up together creating a brick wall like image. I guess h sync doesnt
Work! Any ideas? Also what do you guys think of my set up? My only slight regret maybe getting a matx board as was planning on fitting two GPUS in sli, and despite my the gpu being only 2 slots wide, it looks like the second port is too close? But surely Asus wouldn’t bother with two ports if you can’t fit two GPU’s? Or will they fit? That said, I’ve made up my mind on Fave manufacturers.
Asus for boards. And chose EVGA for the psu, and was so impressed with the packaging, the leads, look and instructions, I’m sure I’d prefer it to Corsair. The only things not impressed with, I brought a cooler master heat sink but couldn’t fit the ram. And the case, despite offering all I wanted at a good price, the build quality could be better. If other companies offer similar to a price that’s only a bit more but much better quality then I’d be interested (have the MB511RGB at moment). May change the fans at some point as they can be noisy. But can better ones really be noticeably quieter? I have a Corsair v80i connected to the back fan in case and put another fan in front of radiator (one sucking the air into radiator, the other exhausting it out), and playing Forza on high graphics settings gets the fans going really fast. Gpu fans very quiet lol. Anyway thanks to anyone who’s managed to read this far. And I’ll happily matter with like minded people if I’m not too tired or in fact too tired to sleep thanks everyone

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 03:31:12 Mobile | Show all posts
That's called tearing, it's normal when V-sync is off. V-sync forces the GPU and the screen refresh rate to sync together, with it off the screen may refresh when only half a frame is done, leading part of the frame to be further ahead in time than the other part.

Other than living with it and v-sync you've got two alternatives.

Enable triple buffering if the game supports it, but most don't these days.

Swap the screen with one that supports variable refresh rate.

Port spacing is standard. Unfortunately graphics card manufacturers aren't always that keen on following standard card dimensions. If it's a genuine two slot card it'll work, if it's a 2.5 slot card it won't.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:31:13 Mobile | Show all posts
If your intent is to replace the Panasonic 1080p TV with a 4K TV then you should aim for something with adaptive sync/VRR support if using it for gaming too.

G-Sync = Nvidia GPU's
Freesync = AMD GPU's
HDMI-VRR = HDMI group version of the above, found on new TV's.

LG 2019 models with VRR.
* 9 series OLED supports HDMI-VRR and & G-Sync.
* SM9xxxx LED supports HDMI-VRR and may work with G-Sync but not yet tested.
* Over HDMI 2.1 LG VRR range is 40-120hz at 1080p, 1440p, 2160p (4K)
* Over HDMI 2.0 LG VRR range is 40-120Hz at 1080p & 1440p but only 40-60Hz at 4K
* Confirmed HDR works same time as VRR.

Nvidia beta driver currently allows HDMI-VRR to work as G-Sync compatible.  Samsungs also supports HDMI-VRR with a 48-120Hz range however the beta Nvidia driver is broken with them and doesn't work right.

So if aiming for 4k you basically you want the frame-rate to not dip below 40fps for best results to stay within that 40-60fps window were it will stay smooth in motion with VRR active. The RTX cards have only HDMI 2.0 ports so cannot output 4K 120hz signal.

If your not in the market for a TV there are plenty of G-Sync PC monitors available, Nvidia have a list on their site.

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 03:31:14 Mobile | Show all posts
Freesync is a combination of an AMD marketing program for the version of VRR that's part of the DisplayPort spec and a custom HDMI implementation (which I believe the Xbox also supports)

nVidia now supports DisplayPort VRR so G-sync should essentially be considered an obsolete technology. It's a custom nVidia technology not part of any standards so it's unlikely anyone else will support it. If you're buying a PC monitor then the vast majority of Freesync ones will have variable refresh rate capability on AMD, nVidia and the upcoming Intel GPUs.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:31:15 Mobile | Show all posts
Are you talking about forza Horizon 4? Something isn't quite right somewhere as my 2080 and older 4770k and old 1333mhz 16GB can run it at 4k ultra easily at solid 60fps. In fact it's probably the best performing game I have ever played on pc in terms of zero stutter, solid fps or zero issues.
FM7 runs easily too so should really have no problem whatsoever.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部