12Next
Back New
View: 532|Reply: 14

Loud GPU and MOBO fans on Boot/ Startup with Ryzen 5 3600 + RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING X TRIO + Gigabyte Aorus X570 Ultra

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 03:32:36 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Loud GPU and MOBO fans on Boot/ Startup with Ryzen 5 3600   RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING X TRIO   Gigabyte Aorus X570 Ultra
                                                                                –– ADVERTISEMENT ––​

My build:

Fractal Define R6 Blackout Mid Tower PC Gaming Case with USB-C
Gigabyte AMD Ryzen X570 AORUS PRO AM4 PCIe 4.0 ATX Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Gen3 6 Core AM4 CPU/Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler
BE QUIET Dark Rock Pro 4 135 mm Silent Wings Fan CPU Cooler – Black
MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GAMING X Turing Graphics Card
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB 3200 MHz AMD Ryzen Tuned DDR4 Memory Kit
Corsair 750 Watt RM750x Fully Modular ATX Power Supply/PSU
LG BH16NS55 Bluray Drive crossflashed with faster UHD Friendly Asus BW16D1HT FW
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250 GB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD
Seagate Barracuda 4TB

Does anyone have the same? Very, very annoying and quite worrying actually. Apparently tons of people are plagued with the same. Has anyone with the same issue heard from AMD and or Nvidia about the issue? Or, is it in fact normal?

Please read the below posts which easily describe the issue. But it is basically upon restarting my com, or cold boot, at post the GPU fans then my MOBO chipset fan ramp up like a jet for a few seconds, and then back down again on boot/ before the Windows 10 login screen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/ccsi10
I really hope a BIOS update and or driver update will fix this.. I built my PC especially for quiet (Fractal R6) use in my home cinema and normal living room space.

Note: I updated the MOBO BIOS to the latest which has taken it off, for desktop use at least (was loud and constant and very irritating before). And new BIOS has allowed me to set the chipset fan to Silent mode.

Kind wishes,

fallinlight

@techquest, I hope you are well, copying you in again, I hope you do not mind, kind thanks.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:32:37 Mobile | Show all posts
To be honest I thought this was a standard behaviour? My custom build intel i7/RTX2070 does the same thing where the CPU and GPU fans blip to 100% on boot. Is it really that much of a problem? Have you read online that it's possible to circumvent this?

I always assumed that when you power on, all fans receive full voltage before the BIOS settings are applied and/or the temperature thresholds are available to throttle the fans against.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:32:38 Mobile | Show all posts
Kind thanks for chiming in, @Willapp.

Been reading for 3 days straight.

That is what I read from other forums.

However, from reading and from what @techquest told me, this is a problem only with Ryzen CPUs, since the 1st gen. Absolutely crazy that this issue has not been fixed.

What is your build and do you have the same noise?

I never had this with my first PC I built, albeit around 8 years ago now, but still.

I have an Intel i5 9600K and Asus Z390-E Gaming arriving today as I planned to switch my build just because of these fan noises (chipset fan also 100% on boot/ restart). If I can stop this, YES PLEASE! Happy to keep my current build and save money. Spent more on the new CPU, which I am told is a bit slower than the Ryzen 3600. But from reading the 9600K still has some other pluses over the 3600. That said, for my usage any differences are mute.

I went for the ASus and Intel switch as they both worked perfectly fine for me 8 years ago...

AMD have only told one person to update their GPU drivers. Other than that I have read of nothing where owner's have had a response from them about the fans revving on boot.

What do you think now? Should I stick to my current build?

Been racking my brain over it all and loosing sleep and time. Researching endlessly and feeling stuck .

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:32:38 Mobile | Show all posts
Oh, right?!! So it is NOT just a Ryzen thing?! Sorry, only just read your message again. Occurs with your Intel... oh dear, I fear the same thing with the 9600K and Asus board then... But I have not read of anyone else reporting issues with Intel/ Intel and Asus builds...

What is your MOBO?

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:32:39 Mobile | Show all posts
Perhaps it is to do with RTX 2000 cards, too?

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:32:39 Mobile | Show all posts
Someone suggested to fill out driver feedback.. leads me to have hope that this could be fixed?

GPU fan spins 100% on boot with Ryzen 3000 | Community                                                                                                        Many people have this issue with new ryzen 3000 anyone can help?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                community.amd.com

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:32:39 Mobile | Show all posts
Honestly, I'm pretty sure I've had this with every PC I've ever built (going on 20 years now). In fact, I'm so accustomed to the fan noise that often when booting my PC, I simply reach under the desk and poke around for the power button until I hear the fans spinning up which tells me I've got it running!

It's possible that on some modern PCs that this isn't a thing, but yes I've got an Intel build (i7 8700K, MSI Z390 mobo, RTX 2070 GPU) and it definitely does the same thing.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:32:40 Mobile | Show all posts
Z390 board, too! Hmm.. I might just cancel opening up the new hardware arriving today and save myself more stress and hassle...

Chap on here I speak with often, @Thatsnotmynaim (works in IT), said his 1060 does not rev on boot. He is using an Intel chip I believe, not sure about MOBO. It must be specific hardware combinations, then?

The whole point of all my PC builds, using a Fractal R6, is to have it quiet at all times... : /

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:32:41 Mobile | Show all posts
@Willapp, wondering, does your board's chipset fan ever rev on boot, too? Mine does, just after the GPU does, then goes back down to idle like the GPU. Initially the chipset fan was on 100% and extremely irritating and quite loud. Lots others complained about this. Fortunately Gigabyte fixed it with a BIOS update at some point, which I installed. But it still goes 100% on boot up. If I could afford the Extreme.. no bloody chipset fan on that.

Use magic Report

Author| 2-12-2019 03:32:42 Mobile | Show all posts
"Some GPUs require their fan curves to be moderated by their Windows drivers. In these cases, the fan will run at 100% until Windows boots, and the driver applies the fan curve.

In this situation, there is nothing you can really do".

High GPU Fan speed at startup before OS boots                                                                                                        Hi Recently installed another gpu. On Windows nothing is wrong, works fine. But the problem is when I startup the pc, the fan runs very speedy and this for few seconds until it reaches the windows Screen. What may be the cause ? is there anywhere where you set the fan speed at startup ? Thx                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                linustechtips.com                                                                               
Perhaps definitely the RTX line in conjunction with certain/ new CPUs.

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部