View: 369|Reply: 10

3rd replacement Iiyama X4071UHSU is faulty

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:34:23 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I've used Ebuyer for years, and have also used Iiyama monitors since the CRT days. So deciding to upgrade my 2 x 27" Iiyama LCDs for a single X4071UHSU 40" 4K 60hz was ideal. It has 3 hdmi slots with one being [email protected] That slot had my main music machine, hdmi 2 had a small general purpose laptop, and the 3rd was occupied by an all in one. Switching between them with the supplied  remote. This was in March, and was really pleased.

Fast forward to August, and hdmi 2 failed. I contacted Ebuyer, who gave me a premium number for Repairtech (019..Expensive!), who arranged an exchange the following day. This turned out to be a much earlier revision with a case that had no place to connect the stand and was really scruffy. Phoned back. More expense. Oh right, sorry. We'll get another one out tomorrow.

Another day off but when I hadn't had the DPD text that night, I knew it wouldn't be coming. Another 019 call the following day. "Sorry, a button wasn't pressed. We'll send it tomorrow" yet one more day off. This worked well......for about 30 minutes when it started to lose the signal on every input. Repeat the recipe, asking them to please check this one before despatch.

It came today. It came on ran for a bit, then went to sleep, or so I thought. The led wasn't working, even though It defaults to that setting and I had checked, so I didn't know if it was in standby which was moot anyway as this has stopped going now. I also noticed it says  this model is discontinued on both Ebuyer and the Iiyama site.
I've now had enough but Ebuyer say my warranty is with Iiyama as it's over 30 days old, and they would only try for a repair with Repairtech. Repairtech say all they do is take faulty ones in and cannibalize them, which certainly hasn't worked for me.
I'm sorry this is so long, but I dont know what to do now. I think after four faulty monitors I'm unlikely get anything  sorted with Repairtec. Anyway, I don't trust that model anymore.
Any suggestions ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:34:24 Mobile | Show all posts
You have a contract of sale with the seller Ebuyer, not the manufacturer, and they have sold you faulty goods/supplied replacement goods not fit for purpose.

Your contract started in March and therefore you would be covered by applicable law applying to that contract. Do you still have the Invoice and have you read the T's & C's applying?

They will try to fob you off but what you need to do is to know your rights, be very firm in dealing with them as to your rights and have everything in writing on the issue when communicating with them.

Your rights are covered under the Consumer Rights Act and the Sale of Goods Act, sadly quite difficult to discuss in a chat. The law extends to distance selling, covered by The Consumer Contracts Regulations, which came into force in 2014, and is what the likes of Ebuyer, Amazon etc are doing.

Suggest you take a look at the link below and start to understand your rights and the process involved in making any claim. Hopefully you will see that your issue is not a lost cause.  

How to Complain

I've been through a few disputes over the years, one in particular against a big company for a lot of money, and never failed to get a result by following the correct process. Once a company knows you mean to follow the path of your rights they generally tend to listen and understand that you will not be fobbed off and the issue will not go away.

It's relatively straight forward once you know how to go about it but don't get me wrong it's not plain simple and you need to not make any mistakes in any claim you pursue against the seller. If you need further help or guidance then let us know.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 03:34:25 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks for helping.
After I phoned Repairtech yet again this morning, they said they will despatch a "brand new" monitor for delivery tomorrow. If I have any trouble with this, I shall be following the details in your link to the letter.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:34:26 Mobile | Show all posts
That's good to know and hope they do send you a "brand new" monitor, please let us know how you get on. As said if you do need help in any claim you might need to make then just ask

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 03:34:27 Mobile | Show all posts
Maybe the fifth will work the charm.
It's almost as if they don't test these refurbs

I asked why they would have new monitors in stock, considering this model had been discontinued and also asked was there a problem with this model ?
I was told it was because they had some in case of DOAs, and were available because it was "just" deleted. Which is fair enough, so we'll see.
I'll report back.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:34:28 Mobile | Show all posts
I would imagine any repair is not cost effective these days and can imagine they might have a couple of new ones hanging around. Good luck with the 5th

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 03:34:29 Mobile | Show all posts
Thanks

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:34:30 Mobile | Show all posts
Just in case, hope not, but guess you will know soon, here's another useful link for you should you need it. Again it's a service set up by MoneySavingExpert and is extremely useful in such cases. It's called resolver and I've linked it to Ebuyer already. This is a free service and it will guide you through any letters etc that you would require should you need too.

https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/ebuyer-com-complaints?territory_id=1

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 03:34:31 Mobile | Show all posts
I'll keep it in reserve, though please let me not need it.

Everywhere I googled people were pleased with their's. Mind you, this is the only faulty monitor I've had since I bought my first pc (486SX from Escom, nostalgia freaks) and they've all been Iiyama. So I suppose I was due one.

Thanks again

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 03:34:31 Mobile | Show all posts
This, no doubt, will be the kiss of death, but so far the brand new monitor is working very well. Everything is as it should have been and I'm looking forward to it hopefully staying that way...........

......touch wood

Use magic Report

12Next
Back New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部