View: 261|Reply: 2

PC Tuner cards

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:38:00 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Just had a Skystar HD2 DVB-S2 pci card apparently fail on me - it stopped being able to see any data on channels even though it could tune to a mux. Was in my unraid server but moved it to test on a windows machine after eliminating LNB and cable as a cause and as it still had the same problem it seems some part of the hardware has failed somehow.

So I had a look at my usual online sites Amazon, Scan and eBuyer to look for a new one and done a general net search and it struck me that PC tuner cards don't seem to be that readily available any more! Anyone else noticed this? Have a lot of brands pulled out of the market or something?

Anyway got one off Amazon which is the same as the re-badged Skystar.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:38:01 Mobile | Show all posts
TBS make good cards ranging from home to pro use. I have a TBS6903, but the cheaper 6902 can be had for a lot cheaper. Infact I just picked one up recenly on Ebay for £38, for a spare machine.

Works great with linux and windows 10 and Blindscan works great.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
 Author| 2-12-2019 03:38:02 Mobile | Show all posts
I actually have a TBS 6922SE PCIe. Have used this on windows/dvbviewer and also experimented with it on LibreElec - bit of a mess about to use the right set of drivers with that but it works, eventually. Just connected it back up on my main windows 7 PC mainly to test the incoming cable/LNB had no problems when troubleshooting why my server PCI Skystar HD2 was no longer detecting data (although tunes to mux). After removing the Skystar and testing in a windows 10 (old hardware) PC it had the same problem so I concluded a hardware fault must have developed for some reason.

I can only use a PCI card in my server.

Also have a PCIe DVBSky S950 which is in my main 'homebrew Freesat box' running LibreElec on an AM1 system. This has been working very well apart from the niggles I keep getting from LibreElec itself with random freezes and restarting Kodi.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部