View: 298|Reply: 1

Faulty PSU or just Overheating

[Copy link]
2-12-2019 03:38:52 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all,

So after some performance testing a couple of days ago my PC decided to turn itself off which under normal circumstances wouldn't bother me too much however, this time it was at stock settings and after trying to turn the PC back on, all I heard was a single click from the PSU, the fans spinning for a second then the off again. It would then click again.... rinse and repeat and keep doing this until I turned it off at the wall / psu switch.

At the time of the problem, I did notice the innards of the PC were a tad toasty but I was unaware of any of my OSD metrics reporting anything untoward (GPU around 60C and CPU 70C under full load).
After removing CPU and Ram and reseating I was sure it would boot as normal however the system remained pretty much dead until a couple of hours later when all was back to normal again. The paperclip trick to jump the PSU yielded the same result so I was about the replace the PSU however after a coupe of hours everything seemed ok and has been since then.

Any ideas? I do have a spare PSU but I wanted to check here first before swapping as its gonna be a bit of a faff given the cramped conditions.

8700k at stock
Gigabyte Z390I ITX
Corsair 250D   Custom Loop Water (GPU & CPU)
1080TI
16GB Corsair 3200 XMP

Thx

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:38:53 Mobile | Show all posts
Given that you already have a spare PSU, and the only real way to test is with a known good one. So my advice is to swap out the PSU with your spare.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部