View: 468|Reply: 6

Hello, looking for advice on buying a pc

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:39:39 Mobile | Show all posts |Read mode
I am new here and also new to buying a pc. I am looking to buy a pre-built machine but know nothing really of specs besides what i have researched online here and there. I am posting the specs i have chosen. If anyone could help me from making a mistake I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

System Configuration:Chassis Model: Digital Storm Lumos
Exterior Finish: - Standard Factory Finish
Trim Accents: - Standard Factory Finish
Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (8-Core) 3.6 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z390-P (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices) (No SLI Support)
System Memory: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz Digital Storm Performance Series
Power Supply: 850W Corsair RM850x (Fully Modular)
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: - No Thanks
Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Digital Storm M.2 Performance Series)
Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (2TB Seagate / Toshiba / Hitachi)
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB (VR Ready)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: - No Thanks
Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan) (Fully Sealed   No Maintenance)
HydroLux Tubing Style: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
HydroLux Fluid Color: - Not Applicable, I do not have a custom HydroLux liquid cooling system selected
Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow)
Chassis Fans: Standard LED Performance Fans (White) Fans
Internal Lighting: - No Thanks
Airflow Control: - No Thanks
Chassis Mods: - No Thanks
Noise Reduction: - No Thanks
LaserMark: Option Not Available
CPU Boost: Stage 1: Overclock CPU - Up to 4.7GHz on All CPU Cores
Graphics Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not overclock my video card(s)
OS Boost: - No Thanks, Please do not tweak the services on the operating system
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: USB Drive - Windows 10 Installation (Format and Clean Install)

Use magic Report

2-12-2019 03:39:39 Mobile | Show all posts
You give no indication of what you're using the machine for or why you're buying it, so it's impossible to say whether that system is a good fit for your requirements.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:39:40 Mobile | Show all posts
As EndlessWaves has said it really does make a difference if you can understand what is the main intended use of the machine.

The one obvious issue with the spec shown is W10 home. W10 home does not provide you with the security and facilities of W10 pro. Though it's down to the users perspective view as to it being necessary, I would opt for Pro every time.  Looking at the site you can obviously change that if you wish.

Don't know what they charge for the recovery USB but you can produce your own and it would probably be cheaper. The main issue to consider here is that what they sell you would not cover anything you put on the machine after purchase and anything you do put on the machine might be important to you. You can easily produce a more useful recovery USB yourself, that can be easily updated as you go along. Macrium reflect is such a utility for doing so, you can get a free version and it's simple to use, another would be EaseUs. You would then be in charge of how your system is restored in the event of a failure, not the seller.

As for the spec then yes it's a good spec, MB & CPU, but you should always look at is what it would cost you to build a similar spec machine yourself versus the pro's and cons of both options, such as support, warranty, the hassle factor, etc.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:39:40 Mobile | Show all posts
Unless you're a hard core gamer that system is overkill.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
2-12-2019 03:39:41 Mobile | Show all posts
It’s a good mid ranking gaming system, the chosen parts are of good quality although a branded GPU would be better. That’s all we can say. Whether it is good value is another question, depends on the price, what warranty it comes with etc etc. Try to use a system builder with a good reputation who has been trading a for several years

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
I agree with Kcinon the GTX 1660 Ti 6GB card would be a poor choice for a video Card ?
May be you are on a Budget and Cannot afford a better Video Card ?
As said by Endless Waves what is the Machine intended to do ?
Are you a Gamer , like me then you need a better Video Card.
NVIDIA have never let me down yet Totter , they are about to bring out the RTX Super Series
on 9th and 23 July 2019 , But there are cheaper Cards that will do if the Money is tight.
Do your home work first before buying and what you need the new System for ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrators

Credits
Most of the Specs are what I want in a new build i9 9900k , NVIDIA ASUS ROG STRIX
Z 390-E MB , Corsair Liquid Cooler , LPX Corsair Vengence DDR 4 .
The rest I have and will reuse with my older GTX 1070 Video card until I upgrade.
A 850 Watt PowerSupply is recommended for that CPU and system , Get a good Brand name.
As said do your home work before you buy .
What Monitor will you use ?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | register

Points Rules

返回顶部